Author Topic: Combining Z2f Files  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://
Combining Z2f Files
« on: January 31, 2006, 08:42:52 AM »
Well hello. Since Yellowrose would like me to explain how to combine z2f files, we thought it was a good idea to post it in here, so if anyone needed help, they could find it here.

So you want to know how to combine z2f files.

Well first you unzip the z2f files (just unzip in a folder for each file). Combining the same type of objects or animals is easier than if you want to combine say a path and an animal.

I think it's best to explain it by example, so here goes.

Combining 2 paths from 2 z2f files
You have a file called catspath1 and catspath2. Unzip those to say folders called path1 and path2.

As you want to combine you can just ad the files from path2 to the folder path1.

Open path2/entities/ai and copy these files (in this case there are two files), then open path1/entities/ai and paste then here.

Now open path2/entities/ and copy the folder catspath2 and paste it in path1/entities/.

Now this takes care of the entities folder, so go open path2/lang/1033 and copy this files and paste in path1/lang/1033.

The same goes for path2/ui/zoopedia/entries. Copy the file in here and paste it in path1/ui/zoopedia/entries.

Now you are done and have combined those to files, so there in the entities folder now are two folders catspath1 and catspath2. And in alle the other folders there are files from both z2f file. Now you just have to zip it up like you are used to.

Combining to different kind of object files
Like in the previous example you need to have the same structure for each file. So when animals have folders: ai, entities, lang,ui it must have that in the new file too. So they easiest thing to do, is make the z2f that has the most files the base (our path1 folder in the previous example). The just open the folders that the next z2f file has and copy like before, keeping in mind that if you path has some new folders they must be copied and maintain the structure.

So if you have a path and some foliage the final one will look like this (in the entities folder)

entities/objects/scenery/paths/name of the path and have the folder entities/objects/foliage/name of the foliage.

Ok I don't know if this was more confusing than helpful, but just post away and maybe I can explain more. It's easier when it's examples than to explain it in general. But the new folder/z2f file must contain all the folder from both (or if you are combining more) files, and keep their original structure.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:09:44 AM »
Thank you Doooot....this is very much appreciated. and you confirmed what I thought was to be done... :whistle

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 09:17:20 AM »
Glad it could help a bit, and it's not really so hard, and once you have tried it sometimes, it's easier  :lol

Offline tycoonistmaster101

• Zookeeper
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 05:27:01 PM »
Is there any way to combine,like,say,animal files? I.E,jaguar and bengal or something like that?

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 05:43:34 PM »
There acually is way easier way which hopefully can save some time. This way will work for ANY kind of combining.

Make a new folder where you will put all the combined files.

Go to one of the files that you want to have in the new combined one and select and copy the main folders (entities, lang, ui etc...) and paste them in the new combo folder.

Now go to the next file you want in the combined file, and select and copy the main folders here (entities, lang, ui etc.. again). Now go to the combing folder and paste these folders there. It should be at the same level as the other entities, ui etc... files from the first thing you wanted to copy.

When you say paste, a pop up will come up. Say "Yes to all" and let the computer copy.

When it is finished, all the files will be in their respected location and you can continue copying and pasteing the main folders at that level with as many things as you want.

If this is not clear, please ask and I can even get pictures. :)

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 06:04:39 PM »
So is this for making packs or for actually combining creatures like Penguinman can now do?

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 06:34:58 PM »
This is for making packs.

Offline Mr_Hamid

• Pooper Scooper
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 05:04:25 PM »
Could u also combine zoo tycoon 2 maps together

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 10:41:56 PM »
no its impossible to combine the maps

Offline Rambo91

• Pooper Scooper
  • GDT Designer
    • GDT Design
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 02:40:21 PM »
Hello guys I have a Question:
Is there one possible own animals with MilkShape 3-D to make?

Offline naturelover5

• Zookeeper
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 03:05:17 PM »
okay I kind of get it but how do you veiw the main folders? I don't know how to get to them! of course I don't know how to make any type of download. Mabey there needs to be a totorial for making regular ZT2 downloads and for combining z2 files. It would be very helpful to people who are new to the consept of programing. :D

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 03:25:44 PM »
There is a tutorial for making regular ZT2 downloads. It's called Ape 2 and it's available at ZTCenter. (I think that it is available here now as well) :D

Offline naturelover5

• Zookeeper
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 06:25:18 PM »
Well, if you're looking for it, it's ONLY available here, since ZTC seems to have closed. :sad

Offline IWantDownloads

• Zookeeper
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 05:36:29 PM »
what would it look like if you combined animals, like, half one half the other, this and that from both ect. ?

Offline naturelover5

• Zookeeper
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 05:43:56 PM »
And how do you combine files? I want to make a chimera after I finnish my kneazle and the chimera would need to be made of ibex(head), lion(body),Komodo dragon (tail)

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 05:54:02 PM »
That, unfortunately, is not possible. Sorry

Offline naturelover5

• Zookeeper
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 05:58:24 PM »
oh well. I guess it's also impossible to make centars and sphinx to because they would be a cross of human( guest) and animal.

Offline belleh

• Pooper Scooper
Combining Z2f Files
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 07:08:09 PM »
What do I do if I want to combine 2 animals? when I double-click on ai.z2f, it says: Windows cannot open this file.

To open this file, windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually from a list of programs on your computer.
What do you want to do?

A.Use a web service to find the appropriate program.
B.Select the program from a list.

What do I have to do/have to simply combine two animals?

How do I just open it like a regular folder?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 02:00:59 PM by belleh »