Author Topic: Coding For More Babies  (Read 17034 times)

Offline ZT Creek

• Pooper Scooper
Coding For More Babies
« on: February 16, 2006, 09:27:54 AM »
I've searched through the forums, but haven't found any related topics, so...

Does anyone know how to code for increased number of offspring in a litter?  I've tried looking through the files while coding, but haven't found the right lines.  I've found everything from "going to mate" to "going to give birth" but I can't seem to find the right area to find number of offspring. :(

Offline brownwolf

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:34:39 AM »
Originally posted by ZT Creek@Feb 16 2006, 11:27 AM
I've searched through the forums, but haven't found any related topics, so...

Does anyone know how to code for increased number of offspring in a litter?  I've tried looking through the files while coding, but haven't found the right lines.  I've found everything from "going to mate" to "going to give birth" but I can't seem to find the right area to find number of offspring. :(
Yeah I saw something when I was *attempting* to code my Griffon. It was something about number of offspring, but I forget where it is and I may be mistaken. Anyway, yeah, I think it's possible.

Offline Xtrat

• Pooper Scooper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 07:48:16 PM »
ai/Tasks/animals/AnimalName.beh -- Go to this file (replace AnimalName with the name of the animal you want to change)

Search for or depending on if the animal lays eggs or not.
A few lines down it should say
Where #1 is the minimum litter size that animal can have and #2 is the maximum litter size it can have. Replace the numbers with whatever sizes you want them to have :)

Offline spindrift-zero

• Pooper Scooper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 08:56:55 PM »
@ Xtrat:

how did you get to the ai/tasks/animals/(name).beh? i went through all the folders and opened the package contents of my disk and i can't find it...

Offline ZT Creek

• Pooper Scooper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 07:10:20 AM »
@ Xtrat:

Thank you!

@ spindrift-zero:

That should be one of two files that are in the ai/tasks/animals folder.  One should be a .TSK and the one you need to look at is a .BEH.

Edit:
I searched and found birth, but there is no line with the "minPlays" "maxPlays" in it.  Is this something that I can add into the code?

Offline spindrift-zero

• Pooper Scooper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 08:54:49 AM »
is the ai file under game data? i looked through all the folders, and i can't fing the ai folder. there is an ai.z2f, but the only "openable" folders i can find are sounds and ui. maybe it's because i'm on a mac?

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 12:19:19 AM »
What program do you use to edit .beh files??  I've only tried editing xmls. :koala

Offline pikapower704

• Zookeeper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 05:40:27 AM »
I wish I could help....heck, I wish I could be helped. I need a mocha. My computer is so difficult to navigate through that, even if I knew where to look, it would take me days  :grrr

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 10:34:30 AM »
Originally posted by Wildlife Enthusiast@Feb 26 2006, 03:19 AM
What program do you use to edit .beh files??  I've only tried editing xmls. :koala
You use Notepad to edit beh files. :happy

Offline ZT Creek

• Pooper Scooper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 03:40:22 PM »
I was able to add the "minplays" and "maxplays" to the code, and it works. :D

@ spindrift-zero:

I'm not sure about Macs, but you need an archiving program similar to WinRAR to get to the .beh file.  If you do have the program, you need to open the x100_000 file to get to the file.  If you don't have an archiving program, it won't let you open this file.  Good Luck.

Offline paunt

• Pooper Scooper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 02:19:40 AM »
lol this really works! my fennec fox 2 had 4 babies, whilsts fennec fox 3 had 3! this is so cool!

Offline Artemis

• Zookeeper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 05:10:22 PM »
I've got a question closely related to this; I wonder if one of you could answer it, please.

I opened ai.z2f with WinRar, found the proper "animals" folder, and happily changed the offspring count of several animals. However, no ES animals or downloads could be found in that file. So I opened x100_000.z2f and found the missing animals, along with the ones I already changed. My question is, should they all be in one place? If not, in which location should I change the offspring count?

Offline naturelover5

• Zookeeper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 05:38:50 PM »
How do you get to the place where you change the # of babbies?

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 07:48:46 PM »
Hey! I know, why doesnt someone put up a hack that would updateEVERY animal to a realistic amount of babies! Like a croc laying 30 eggs lol!

Offline smileebubble

• Pooper Scooper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 11:16:52 AM »
I have a question...

I downloaded the WinRar program in order to change the number of babies animals have, but when I went to the file to do that, it was basically just a read-only file.  I could highlight the text, but I could not delete or change the #s.

I also copied and pasted the info into a notepad document and changed the #s, but I don't know what to do after that.  Where do I save the file and in what format do I save it in?

Someone please help!   :(

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 11:32:08 AM »
How do you find ES animals?  I searched for african wild dog but I couldn't find it.

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 11:35:01 AM »
Wolfclan: THey are in the x100_000.z2f

smileebubble: When you open the .z2f with winrar, open the beh file with notepad. You should be able to edit it right there and save it back into the archive.

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 11:41:18 AM »
Oh.  Thank you so much Penguinman!  Now I know where to go to code ES animals too!!!!   Big Thanks

Edit:  Forgive my stupidity but I have two more questions.

1.  Does and mean the number of males and females born.  If I change
2.  You said open it with Notepad.  I cannot find anyplace that will let me do that.

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 12:00:19 PM »
1. I don't know for sure, but that would certainly make since.

2. Copy and paste a file from the archive to somewhere on your comp. Then right click and say "open with..." and then select "Choose Program..." then select the check-box about always use this program... etc. and select notepad

Then when in the archive, it will still open it with notepad.

Finally, if you want to make a new animal/edit an animal and you have ES, ALWAYS use the files in x100_000.z2f if they are there. :)

Offline smileebubble

• Pooper Scooper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 08:09:04 AM »
Penguinman: Thank you so much, I just tried it, and now I'm going to see if it works.  

Do you know if you have to delete the first .beh file and replace it with the new one? :w00t

• Zookeeper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 08:40:20 AM »
You don't have to change the actual archive!!!!  When you view the .beh file in WinRAR, 'Select All' then 'Copy,' and 'Paste' everything in Notepad.  Save it somewhere on your computer with the exact same name.  Go to your main ZT2 directory (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2)... Make a folder called 'ai.'  Inside that dolder make a folder called 'Tasks,' with a folder inside that called 'animals.'  Just place the new .beh file that you edited in this folder, and you don't have to change the x100_000.z2f folder at all!  The same works if you want to edit somethingh in thhe entities part of x100_000.z2f.... Just make a series of folders that are the same as the directory of the file you want to change!! :wtg

Offline Artemis

• Zookeeper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 12:35:24 PM »
Does anyone know the answer to my question, then?

Edit: Penguinman kindly PMed me the answer. ^^

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 04:29:50 PM »
Wow it worked!  My wild dog had 9 babies!  Thank you penguinman and Wildlife Enthusiast

Offline Winxhorse

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.winxclub.tv
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2006, 04:41:08 PM »
Coould anyone post a download for this stuff?I`m having trouble understanding (Now don`t go sending me Pms or talking in the fourm) I`m only a "Younggien" so I`m young and It makes more sence to download!

• Zookeeper
Coding For More Babies
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 07:41:46 AM »
Originally posted by Winxhorse@Apr 23 2006, 06:41 PM
Coould anyone post a download for this stuff?I`m having trouble understanding (Now don`t go sending me Pms or talking in the fourm) I`m only a "Younggien" so I`m young and It makes more sence to download!
@ Winxhorse:  I don't think its really possible, b/c people would have different preferences for how many offspring to allow, and for which animals, so it would be impossible, in my opinion, to make a "universal" download that would appeal to many ZA members!!  Also, some people would want entities edits with different space requirements, grid snap, prices, recycle amounts (ie. $ you get from deleting things), etc.  Besides, I'm not sure it would be allowed anyway!!

If you follow the instructions in my last post, you don't have to change the actual archive, so it's easier to go back to the original files, or to make more and/or different changes... If you need further instructions on that, feel free to PM me, and I will try my best to help you!! :)

On a different note, I tried several times last night to reply to Artemis' question, but I kept getting an error :>< ....Even though his question was answered through PM, I want to go ahead and post what I was going to say, in case someone else may benefit from it:
[In response to Artemis' question:   ai.z2f only contains animals from ZT2 (original)...  All ES files are inside x100_000.z2f.  Inside that file are allm the other important folders like ai, entities, world, config, etc.  Hope that helps!!]
 :sun