Author Topic: Resizing Screenshot For Download  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
Resizing Screenshot For Download
« on: February 28, 2006, 11:25:25 AM »
I'm having trouble resizing my screenshot for uploading it onto ZA. When I try to resize it using paint, it shows up with a little snippet of nothing, not the animal. The picture is pretty big.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 11:54:32 AM »
To resize using paint you have to go to Image then Stretch/Skew in the top 2 boxes Horizontal and Vertical change the percentage amouts to the number that will give you the right size.

See this pic

Replace the 100 in both boxes with 34 and it will give you a screenshot of 218x164 which will be acceptable for uploading with a download submission.

This information is based on a screenshot that is originally 800x600 for larger resolution screenshots 1024 x 768 etc you will have to experiment with the percentage numbers to get it to the acceptable size of 220x185. This may take a few tries.

I have answerewd your question and will now close this to keep the thread clean so thers can also make use of the information provided.

:closed

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 06:49:53 PM »
Umm Yellowrose.. This isn't closed. (Note to self: if admins start forgetting to close topics, run for it!) Just Kidding!  :P