Author Topic: Ergh! Downloading and creational problems!  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Ailsa

• Pooper Scooper
Ergh! Downloading and creational problems!
« on: June 25, 2006, 11:00:35 PM »
Well, I downloaded quite a few animals to ZT2 (I have that and ES installed) and since I don't seem to have a downloads folder, I put all of the animals in just the main zt2 folder, I restarted the game and they didn't work. Another problem I have is with animal creation. I know I have winzip and I think I have Winrar, but whenever I select choose program from a list, I never can find either of them, so I can't open skins for recolour.

Help, please and thank you,
-Ailsa :blushing:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 11:02:59 PM by Ailsa »

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 11:21:07 PM »
to 'create' a downlaods folder you need to download something official using the ingame menu

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 11:40:10 PM »
To answer your other question

I know I have winzip and I think I have Winrar, but whenever I select choose program from a list, I never can find either of them, so I can't open skins for recolour.

When you click select program from a list there is a browse button. All you need to do is navigate to Programe Files/ winzip and select the winzip.exe file You will then be able to open the file.

remember if it is a z2f file you are trying to open the easiest way is to copy it to your desktop and then rename the file from

filename.z2f to filename.zip then use winzip to open the file.

You will have to enable viewing of the file extensions on your system so you can see the extensions to rename the files you need to.

To enable viewing of file extensions - in windows explorer click on

Tools / Folder Options/ View Tab / scroll down to where is says Hide extensions for known file types. Make sure the box is UNchecked the click OK.

you will now be able to see the extensions of files to make it easier to rename them when needed.

Offline Ailsa

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 09:13:39 AM »
Quote from: RedNotDead
to 'create' a downlaods folder you need to download something official using the ingame menu

That I've done.... does that mean re-download anything?

In response to yellowrose, thatnk you I'll try that :)

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 09:16:03 AM »
If you have downloaded official things by the in game menu, then you already have a downloads folder and you dont want to make a new one. :happy:

Offline Daveman

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 11:24:52 AM »
Quote from: penguinman
If you have downloaded official things by the in game menu, then you already have a downloads folder and you dont want to make a new one. :happy:

I don't think thats right cause i have downloaded all offical content with the ingame button and have no downloads folder

Offline xwolfloverx

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 11:35:35 AM »
I had a easy time downloading stuff. They work for me just fine.

Offline Daveman

• Pooper Scooper
Mine work too
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 11:38:40 AM »
I have all animal downloads working cause they just go into main folder for me but trying to download hacks and saved games doesn't since i don't have a downloads or saved game folder even though i have downloaded stuff using the ingame button and saved many games.

Offline Ailsa

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 09:11:27 PM »
Ok... perfect! As long as I put the .dll and .z2f files beside eachother in the main folder, downloads work... accept the odd one where I only get the .z2f :blink:
One thing though... I've read a bit about APE and I have no idea where to download it! (SO many Ideas so little knowledge :rolleyes:  )

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 09:37:48 PM »
APE can be found in the download database under ZT1 > Utilities & Hacks > Utilites

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 11:19:34 PM »
seeing that this is about ZT2 you have given the wrong information APE II can be found HERE