Author Topic: APE 2 questions  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Mr.Gibbons

• Pooper Scooper
APE 2 questions
« on: July 20, 2006, 10:31:45 AM »
I am wondering why that APE 2 only has the origalnal zoo tycoon aniamls and has it been updated.I am asking this because I want to edit the Nile Moniter.I am also wondering how I could give the nile croc. the skin of the Nile Moniter or increseing the size of the moniter so it is about the size of the Nile croc are eather of those possibal and if so could someone show me what I need to do in order to do that???

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
APE 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 10:56:34 AM »
Ape 2 is only a guide that tells you how to make an animal for ZT2.  You must have downloaded version 2.0 for Ape 1 by mistake.

Offline Mr.Gibbons

• Pooper Scooper
APE 2 questions
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 11:04:33 AM »
Quote from: wolfclan4515
Ape 2 is only a guide that tells you how to make an animal for ZT2.  You must have downloaded version 2.0 for Ape 1 by mistake.

when I meant the origalnal zoo tycoon I meant zoo tycoon 2sorry for not clairifing it well enough

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
APE 2 questions
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 11:07:59 AM »
Nope. Sorry, Wolfclan, but he's downloaded the correct program. APE II is just for ZT2. And, Mr.Gibbons, she is correct - it is only an html guide, not a program. And, it does only cover the original ZT2 animals. BUT - it can easily be adapted for ES and AA animals.

Where it says to 'get the dds files', you just have to get them from the correct places (like for AA they're located in x110_000. For ES they're in x100_000. You can change scale in both/either the ai and bfm files (it'll explain it all to you), so Yes, you could make a monitor the size of a Nile croc.

But, since you're fairly new, we Designers suggest you try with variant skins before you try making an animal. (It's not as easy as you'd think). :laughing:

Offline Mr.Gibbons

• Pooper Scooper
APE 2 questions
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »
Thank you also I have another question is there a map making utility (for zoo tycoon 2) and if so where would one be???

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
APE 2 questions
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 02:18:06 PM »
Nope, sorry, but they never gave us that ability, and no one has been able to figure it out. : :( :  Can't make new scenarios, either.

Offline bengaltiger

• Zookeeper
  • Movie Maniac
APE 2 questions
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 08:45:46 AM »
well since this is questions, could sombody please pin point me to were exactly I can find how to download it.