Author Topic: RPT Questions  (Read 2324 times)

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
RPT Questions
« on: August 06, 2006, 02:35:56 PM »
I just started working with RND's fence tutorial about a few days ago.  I got to the part were I open all the .nif and .bif files with a zip program.  I have PKzip, so I opened it with that, and it asked me to save it.  What do I do?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
RPT Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 10:33:22 PM »
you dont open them with a zip program you open them with something like WINHEX or other HEX editing program

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
RPT Questions
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 06:51:46 AM »
Oh, thanks.  When I saw Winhex I thought winzip, I'm sorry, I'm new at this.  I just downloaded Winhex.

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
RPT Questions
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 10:15:19 AM »
Okay, sorry for double posting, but its okay because its been over an hour, right?  I downloaded Winhex and unzipped it, and I opened one of the files with Winhex.  I got all kinds of numbers and letters in rows 2 by 2.  There was no replace button.  What did I do wrong?  Thanks in advance.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
RPT Questions
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 10:21:49 AM »
yep you meant to get those letters etc

ok here what you do next

where it says search click on replace and you will be given a box type the word you want to replace in the top box and the word you want to replace it with in the second box making sure they both the same length

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
RPT Questions
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 11:30:28 AM »
It worked!!  This can be closed.

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
Example1 Fence
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 11:33:43 AM »
I just finished RND's fence tutorial.  I got the fence in the game, and it looks great (Thanks for all the help you admins have given me:IloveZA: :IloveZA: ).  Just one thing.  There is a green example1 gate in fence selection section.  What did I do wrong and how do I get rid of it?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
RPT Questions
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 11:37:33 AM »
insteead of creating a new topic for each question please continue the same topic.

also what you need to do is to repopen the z2f file and see if you can find any files still names as example1 and remove them from the z2f file

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
RPT Questions
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 11:41:45 AM »
It turned out I did still have files named example1.  Thanks for the help.  And sorry for starting too many topics.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
RPT Questions
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 11:43:15 AM »
no problem glad you figured it out but will leave this topic open so that if you ahve any more zt2 editing questions you can post here

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
RPT Questions
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 12:12:14 PM »
I finished my next fence, but there seems to be a problem.  My High Fence and my low fence are just white!!!  I had a picture on them.  My window fence works fine.  What did I do wrong?
EDIT: Fixed it, the fence now looks fine.  Ignore this.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 03:09:27 PM by Red Panda Twins »

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
RPT Questions
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 09:46:30 AM »
It's okay to double post if it has been more than an hour, right?  I want to get gimp for my computer so I can recolor varients easier.  I've heard its free, but I don't know how to get it.  The links take me to the website, but I don't understand how to install it.  Can anyone tell me exactly how to get it?