Author Topic: Help Editing Lang File  (Read 1846 times)

Offline PegasusUnicornPhoenix

• Pooper Scooper
Help Editing Lang File
« on: August 14, 2006, 01:56:49 PM »
I need help with the APE 2 I am at the part where you edited the Lang file and I am having trouble with it. I need help editing the -NAME-_strings.xml file. I need someone to help me get it right. I need all the steps to edit the -NAME-_stings.xml file I followed what the APE 2  said to do and it is not working. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks

Moved to ZT2 Editing and expanded title
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 07:40:38 PM by csleesburg »

Offline ghost

• Zookeeper
  • i like to skin any 1 want to team up?
Help Editing Lang File
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 12:10:42 PM »
i have the same problem!

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Help Editing Lang File
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 01:18:05 PM »
I had the same problem. The problem is that the .xml file that comes with APE II is flawed. Your best bet is to use the file from another user made download (one of mine, if you want, though the only animal up for download I have is the Zebroid at ZT2DC) and replace that codename with your own. That's how I got mine to work.

Offline ghost

• Zookeeper
  • i like to skin any 1 want to team up?
Help Editing Lang File
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 02:55:31 PM »
i used yours and it worked but now i have the problem in the game i see a white box and when i press on it my game crash:crying:
do you know how to solve this?

tnx.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Help Editing Lang File
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »
When the game crashes, it virtually always is a problem with editing either the nif or the bfm files. Make very sure the names are exact, and in the nif remember not to change the number of characters. You may have to shorten or lengthen the name of your animal in the nif. When you do, don't forget to use that exact name as the name of the dds file. For example, a gorilla to tiger would have to be something like gorila. A tiger to gorilla would have to become something like tigerxx. Then the dds would have to become tigerxx_M.dds.

Check the names in your nif file first, as that is most usually the problem.