Author Topic: Zoopedia and location problem.  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Littlemog

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Zoopedia and location problem.
« on: September 05, 2006, 12:42:22 AM »
I have a feeling it's a "I've missed something really small problem"

My unicorn has a zoopedia, but it won't link from the book icon directly - you have to find it manually (it's also European Unicorn, not Unicorn, European, though it's in the U section.)

Also the location in the zoopedia stays constant, but on the selection screen it stays as the last animal to be selected. I've used the alternate lang tutorial for ES (instead of that section in APE2) so the unicorn could come from anywhere from the african desert to the arctic =P

I think it's the AI or the lang files, but I can't find what bit in particular is the problem here?

Edit: I've just figured the "Unicorn, European" problem out, nevermind for that part =P

Edit 2: the AI file has:

Is that correct?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 12:52:27 AM by Littlemog »

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 05:25:21 AM »
Zoopedia: Search for zoopedia in the main xml file and you will probably find zoopedia_zebra somewhere. Change it to zoopedia_codename.

Unfortunately there is no european temperate forest in the game... If you want, you can download my european badger and copy 2 things from it and place them in your animal.
1. The locations folder
2. the ui/map_locations folder

Then it will work :original:

Offline Littlemog

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 12:57:51 PM »
Aha! Yeah, I'd replaced "zebracommon" with "unicorneuropean" but "zebra" with "unicorn" so it wasn't registering as the code name.

I can't find any maps in the Eurasian badger's files and it does the same as my unicorn in game (I've dl'ed it again in case it was updated, but nothing)

It works fine in the Zoopedia (which now links correctly) but when you select the animal in the adoption menu it just takes the last animal's location (the caracal does too though on mine?) and in the animal's own section (with it's gender and everything) the location is blank?

Am I able to upload it in that state or must it be fixed? I may make it boreal instead if that's the case; I've found the location and ui/map_locations files in the Fallow Deer's file.