Author Topic: Assistance Needed  (Read 4665 times)

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
  • Why do I have the sudden urge to drive a DeLorian?
Assistance Needed
« on: September 25, 2006, 03:06:57 PM »
:hearye: Hi, everybody! I've decided to make a chinese dragon out of a komodo dragon. It won't have wings.  I'll need someone who's had expierience with editing meshes, like littlemog did. I will recolor it and write the zoopedia entry. This is my first animal. I'm ambitious!:laughing:  You think you could help me go from this:

to this:

Are you ready for a challenge. If so please, PM me or post your reply. PS, it will have three skin varients, red, blue & green.
:sign_war:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:00:45 PM by yinyangwolf »

Offline Seraphii

• Signed, sealed, delivered
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
Assistance Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 03:47:45 PM »
Moving to Zt2 Editing

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 02:49:02 PM »
Perhaps I might also make a velociraptor out of an ostritch. Again, I'll need a "mesher". This will be done once I'm finished with the chinese dragon.

Offline Packraptor

• Zookeeper
  • Don't make me go Jurassic on your butt!
Assistance Needed
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 03:25:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure a velciraptor is already being made out of a secretary bird by someone else. I can't quite remember who it is though, maybe it's DinoBoy.

Offline Ethiopian Wolf

• Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 04:08:26 PM »
Wow! a chinese dragon! to bad I know nothing about making new animals. But I'll download it for sure when it's done!

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 04:14:37 PM »
You know that the legs will have to stay where they are right? The K dragon might not be the best model. What I would do it make it very skinny with skinny legs, that way you can make it bigger and it will seem like the legs are farther apart. I am still learning how to edit meshes, and am therefore no good at it. If I figure it out before you can find somebody else than maybe I can do it. I'll check the bones and nodes to see how much you can do with the model. Good luck with it though!

I just checked the nodes, and it seems that it can be made pretty skinny without it being disfigured in-game. My way seems like it would be pretty affective if anybody here can edit meshes.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 04:20:35 PM by penguinbomber14 »

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 03:58:27 PM »
That's all up to who ever's messing with the mesh. Does the mesh editing thing allow you to make an animal bipedal by change where it back is? If you can, I'll make a werewolf! Awooo!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 05:46:30 AM by yinyangwolf »

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 04:03:49 PM »
To make it eat just fish, you go to the main .xml file and remove carnivore, I believe, leaving just picsivore or something.  It is not far down from the biome.

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 02:42:57 PM »
No to sound stupid, but how do you make a zoopedia entry? And how do you make multiple varients?

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 02:47:47 PM »
The zoopedia entry is in the lang file.  I believe in a APE2 it is noted by (Long Description here) but I'm not positve.

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
Assistance Needed
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 07:00:33 PM »
there is also a LET (lang establishment tutorial) at the ZT2DC, it helps a lot :original:

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 05:41:04 AM »
Do you think littlemog or somebody might help if I PM him? Or her?

Offline Agent Froggy

• Pooper Scooper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 05:50:18 AM »
Quote from: Budgielover101;143647
there is also a LET (lang establishment tutorial) at the ZT2DC, it helps a lot :original:

Where is that? I am a begginer coder and would like some help becuz i am not very good. A.K.A I'm horrible.
P.S. Right now I'm working on a domestic cat from jaguar.

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
Assistance Needed
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 06:20:15 AM »
@ Agent Froggy  - ZT2DC can be found here. Please stop posting this question all over the boards and give someone a chance to answer you. Thank you and good luck with your design!

Offline Littlemog

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Assistance Needed
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 05:23:29 AM »
If my comp at home was up and running and internet working, I'd offer to, but right now I can't.

Also it's her =P but it's not exactly a gender specific name to be fair.

You can't (or, we haven't figured out how yet) move the bones/rigging and animations (Ie you can't make something bipedal if it isn't already). Moving the legs back is possible, but not too far - keeping in mind that if it sits (which I don't think it does) its hind will sink in the ground.
Also the legs might mutate slightly depending on how far you move them and on the animations for them. If you've got the Fenris Wolf (not telling you to dl it if you don't want it) the pups have some distortion in the legs as it walks.

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 04:39:45 PM »
Tell me what you guys think of the attached animals. Quetzawolves (ket-zul-wolf) lived in Peru and Brazil and were considered "creations" of the Aztec God Quetzalcoatl (Ket-zul-koh-ah-dul). These were owned only by kings and preists. Peaxcockfoxes lived in China during the Ming Dynatsy. They were considered almost as sacred as dragons. Aqualobos were believed to be the pets of Atlantiens. (This is all stuff I made up).  And I found out that K Dragons DO swim recreationally (like tigers).

[ATTACH]1231[/ATTACH]       Aqualobo

[ATTACH]1232[/ATTACH]       Peacockfox

[ATTACH]1233[/ATTACH]       Female Quetzalwolf

[ATTACH]1234[/ATTACH]       Male Quetzalwof
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 03:09:20 PM by yinyangwolf »

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 10:50:17 AM »
Sorry for the double-posting, but I've got another animal.
This is a bayafisi (bay-uh-fee-see). It's name means "nasty hyena" in swahili. It is a very strange creature, believed to be a hybrid of the extinct andrewsarchus and mythical wyvern. The bayafisi live in the tropical rainforests of eastern africa. They prey on okapis, livestock, leapords and sometimes, small lost children, hence it's name "nasty hyena".Male bayafisi are very fierce and territorial and will devour anything that intrudes. Female bayfisi are very reclusive and raley seen. Females will maul and devour anything that comes within ten feet of its baby.

[ATTACH]1340[/ATTACH]

Offline lvdzoo

• Pooper Scooper
    • DON'T CLICK HERE!
Assistance Needed
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »
Yay! I had the Chinese Dragon down in the requests topic, and now someone is making one! I suggest you use Coastal, I personally think the color of the water will look great with a colorful lung.

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 07:23:24 AM »
Thanks for the advice Ivdzoo, but I don't know if any mesher will help me.:crying: I could test it, if it dosen't need MM. Unless I need special software or permission or something. I think I could recolor it though, I'm pretty artistic. Tell you what, I'll provide a "glimpse into the future" by taking some pix of a K.Dragon, and turn them into pix of what the Chinese Dragon COULD look like IF we get someone to help. Pix will be in this post sometime later. And I think I've got the start of a bipedal werewolf, too! Now if you look at some pictures (Later to come) you'll see that the wolf becomes bipedal after its quickly taken out of water, but only for a few seconds. Now, if we could some how delete the wolf's walking motion and replace it with the swimming animation, and there is no deep water, the wolf may walk bipedal! And also, obviously we'd have to edit the "swimming" motions so that it stands still and just wags its tail, then we'd have it standing. I know this is complicated but please, somebody HEAR ME OUT! Some pix of what the werewolf COULD look like will come soon.

OK, Here's what the chinese dragon COULD look like:
[ATTACH]1642[/ATTACH]

I used the top part of the caribou horns for the horns, part of the lion mane for the mane, the caribou ears for the ears, part of the peacock tail for the tail, and the spikes on its back are from the small horn on the white rhino. And I used part of the mandrill beard for his beard. What do you think? I know it kinda stinks, but it was the best I could do in Paint.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 08:58:07 AM by yinyangwolf »

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Assistance Needed
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 10:04:38 AM »
Btw, you know you can't take parts of ANY models and put them on others, correct? It just doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2007, 12:45:55 PM »
I kinda figured you couldn't take little bits and pieces for a MODEL, I was just saying what I did for the PICTURE.
Here's pix of wolves walking bipedaly!

A Front View:
[ATTACH]1646[/ATTACH]

An Angled Back View:
[ATTACH]1647[/ATTACH]

I'll put better pix of a different wolf later.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 12:57:54 PM by yinyangwolf »

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Assistance Needed
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 03:02:30 PM »
Quote from: yinyangwolf;171643

I used the top part of the caribou horns for the horns, part of the lion mane for the mane, the caribou ears for the ears, part of the peacock tail for the tail, and the spikes on its back are from the small horn on the white rhino. And I used part of the mandrill beard for his beard. What do you think? I know it kinda stinks, but it was the best I could do in Paint.

This is the part I was talking about, about mixing models. Nothing to do with the wolves.

And sadly, the wolves walking bipedially is not them REALLY walking on two legs; its a lack of a good transition from walking to swimming.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 04:03:11 PM by csleesburg »

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 06:44:16 AM »
I know they're not REALLY walking bipedaly, but it does look like that, eh? And as for the whole "I used blah blah blah to make the yatta yatta yatta", I was just saying that so I could prove that ALL the animals body parts are based the body parts of other animals, and they're not just something I did free-form in paint. But, do you think the whole "make their swimming moves their walking moves" is possible?

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Assistance Needed
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 01:52:34 PM »
No, I don't. Because its just how it looks as they are exitiing the water, there would not be enough animations really to make them keep that up. If it WAS possible, the animal woudl not be able to do a lot of things methinks, including use the bathroom, use shelters, or eat, since you wouldn't have animations for them...since you cut out the four legged stuff. Like I said, the animation you are seeing is not ACTUALLY an animation...its just a bad transition.

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
Assistance Needed
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 02:10:37 PM »
OOOOOH! Idea! Try these model mixes:
Wolf+Flamingo
Wolf+S.Bird
Wolf+Kangaroo
You can look in the thread called "mixing two models is possible i have done it" by BlackDragon for info on how to mix models. You know how chimps walk upright sometimes? What if we made that the chimp's walking motion & then mix the wolf model with that? Possible, eh?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 03:52:31 PM by yinyangwolf »