Author Topic: Invisible Wolf!!!!  (Read 3024 times)

Offline goldenfish

• Pooper Scooper
Invisible Wolf!!!!
« on: September 29, 2006, 12:19:39 PM »
I sucessfully got my first animal onto zoo tycoon 2 (mustang, not recolored yet)
But now I have an animal named wolvez I made (a wolf) that when put onto the game everything works (zoopedia, image etc.) but the wolf when placed can't be seen. I know that it is there because it shows up when I click the animals in the zoo icon and messages about its biome come up if I place it somewhere like a desert.  Please help me!!!

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
Double Trouble
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 01:52:20 PM »
did you rename the .nif files and skins?

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
Double Trouble
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 04:45:51 AM »
Is this for zoo tycoon 1 or 2, because you posted it in zt1 support.

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
Double Trouble
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 05:14:01 AM »
Did you try to edit the nif??

EDIT: Yeah, this is for Zt 2 and it's posted in Zt 1 Tech Support!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 05:16:19 AM by Simba »

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Double Trouble
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 05:21:15 AM »
Moved to ZT2 Editing :original:

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
Double Trouble
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 04:17:13 PM »
My mustang made from a zebroid i downloaded (first time making zt2 animal)is all white when I haven't recolored it yet and zebroids don't have a white skin.
My wolvez (2nd animal made) made from a dingo isn't showing up (invisible) when I place it. The zoopedia, icons etc work.   A message still shows up under messagessays "wolvez 1 is not contained".
Please reply or refer me to someplace with the answer.
Thanx!

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Double Trouble
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 07:33:04 PM »
Moved to ZT2 editing.  :wink:

Also, I'm not a big animal troubleshooter, myself, but I'd recommend exploring the Creativity Center here a bit, as the problems you're describing I have seen asked about before so there might already be a solution posted somewhere.  :thumbsup:

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
Double Trouble
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 05:05:01 PM »
The thing is some other animals i (deer, wolf) downloaded turned white or rainbow for a bit, I restarted my game and everything was fine.
For the mustang and(or) wolvez do you think its a coding problem or bug on my game from doing a lota downloads lately?:IloveZA: :IloveZA:

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
Double Trouble
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 05:11:56 PM »
I renamed everything correctly but I think I should have this discussion under the string i made called Double Trouble. Don't want to be in trouble for too many threads for one thing and I don't know how to move it. Sorry...

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Double Trouble
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 08:24:05 PM »
It's probably a coding error. Check the main xml files and make sure the paths in there to the dds files are correct.

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
Double Trouble
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 12:20:10 PM »
When you say paths, what exactly do you mean? The zebroid I downloaded works fine. The mustang's files are exactly copied off the zebroid exactly exept animal's codename, zoopedia, dl file. I already found Zebro (used for zebroid) used in the entitles/units/animals/mustang folder and replaced it with mustang. Do you think that the person who coded the zebroid used another name for the "zebroid and Zebro"?

On the the animal wolvez, is there any animal invisability fix on this site?

Offline penguinman

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
Double Trouble
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 03:07:53 PM »
In the main xml files search for .dds and make sure the path matches up. This means the name of the .dds file as well as the folder names. If it does not, change it so that it does :D

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Double Trouble
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 03:14:45 PM »
Umm, maybe this is just personal preference since I made the zebroid, but you should get permission from the creator first before you base any animals off of their creations....

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
Double Trouble
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 12:07:26 PM »
I'm sorry, I tried 8 hours to make a mustang off the comoon zebra with ape 2.  I didn't have enough experience but I will be reskining as soon as I can get the sofftware off the web in a few weeks and editing other things a s well (babies).  I won't put it up to for anyone to download.: :( :

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
Double Trouble
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 12:10:26 PM »
I fixed the wolvez invisisbleness by replacing all the nif files with the original.  One of the skins is white when placed and so is the animal before it's placed but the colors show up after you put it in the zoo.  My mustang is still white. How can I fix this

Thank you!

[modnotice=Nique] Please do not DOUBLE POST. Instead, use the edit button if you'd like to add to your post. [/modnotice]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 12:49:49 PM by Nique »

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
Successfully programed more babies in Common Zebra!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 04:26:52 PM »
I heard that editing the number of babies in BFRandomSet (no minPlays, maxPlays) animals could crash your game.  I tried editing the common zebra which is supposed to be one of those animals where you can't change the number of offspring and I edited it and got 4 baby common zebras from 1 pregnancy!  If you wish to alter the animals with no minPlays, max Plays, add to " I'm not saying this will work, it didn't when I had DD installed and I don't think works unless all the x100 files with the beh file of the animal says the same amount of offspring, also i haven't thoroughly tested it so I guess it crashing your game is still a possibility.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Double Trouble
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 11:48:44 PM »
please do not keep starting new topics continue in your previous topic thanks.  merged topics.

Offline Lugger

• Pooper Scooper
Double Trouble
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 08:43:20 AM »
i have dissaping tortoises oficsal ones no dowloads
i just start a new zoo and it appers have you tried it in another zoo

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Double Trouble
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 09:58:39 AM »
Merged your Double Trouble and Invisible Wolf threads.

As to your invisible wolf, please confirm that you have named everything correctly. In the .nif, you cannot use more or less letters than the nif originally had. Therefore, like, for my African Crowned Crane, I had to use the name AfricanCrownedC in the .nif and for the main .dds file, because BirdSecretary has less letters. If your codename is shorter than the original name, then use underscores _ to fill in the gap. Example: BirdSecretary becomes Phorusrhacos_

Then you must make sure that in the main xml file, the new .dds name is reflected in there.