Author Topic: Editing DD, penguins and flamingos  (Read 3149 times)

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
Editing DD, penguins and flamingos
« on: October 10, 2006, 12:47:55 PM »
I looked throufgh and couldn't find a dino danger section with an answer to my question, I hope I'm not starting too many topics.:unsure: sorry if I am. Ok here's the topic.
I can't change anything in DD for more babies or any other adjustments and a message comes up that says when I scanned the file. 100 and somethiung errors.  When I try to edit something for the dinosaurs it says the files are corrupted and it won't let me edit.  The dinos work fine in the game though. Can anyone help? Will MM2 be like this too with the prblems with editing?

With flamingos and penguins minplay maxplay doesn't work for editing the amount of offspring.  I inert 3 onder minPlays and 8 under maxPlays but get only 1 egg every time. The coding seems to be in a different order than the other egglaying animals.
here's a bit of the script.

Note: I changed minplays and maxplays to betwwen 3-8 offspring, this is the original file before I edited the offspring.
Ok, finally the question, how do I edit the # of offspring in penguins and flamingos?

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 12:59:04 PM »
Sorry, I can't help you with the flamingo problem.  I do know that you cannot edit DD files.  No one knows why, but many have tried and it seems that it is not possible.  No, I don't think MM2 will be like that.  It might be because DD was a premium pack, not a full XP, that caused it; but I have heard that you can edit animals from the MM2 demo, so that means you might be able to on the full XP.

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 01:00:56 PM »
we do know why actually bf wanted the files protected so that no one can duplicate them and illegally reproduce the download.

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 01:30:06 PM »
Heh...
It is only bad for designes. You can just copy the whole .z2f to hack it. Bad move, BF. But MM is good enough to make up for all past mistakes. :dindin:

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 03:29:08 PM »
It was the beh file i was editing for the flamingos and penguins.
I mean that when i find lay egg for these animlas that tthe coding is in a different order. Take the Nile Croc i was able to edit and make more offspring    

versus the flamingo and penguin

See the difference besides the animal's codename? The order of the coding is switched and that's why I haven't been able to code the penguins or flamingos.
Has anyone been successful at coding flamingos and penguins for more babies?
If you know how please let me know.

Thanx

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 05:18:11 PM »
Sorry, but copying the whole thing is just confusing me :P It makes sense that BF would lock the files, because it would help prevent other people from pirating the files and selling them themselves. Does anybody know where to find the dino files? I'm sure there must be some way to edit them, maybe with a good hex editor, not winhex (it's not good with security locks, I found that out when I was trying to get into my PSP files to add moving backgrounds.)

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »
Thanks with the help on the DD files and i am aware of all of the not being able to duplicate the files you all have mentioned .

Note:I alraedy know how to with random set animals with no min or maxplays to edit the amount of babies you get and all other egg laying animals exept dinosaurs (DD currently unknown to us how to edit).

I problem i still have is how to edit # offspring with flamingos and penguins?  Can anyone please help out?:crying:

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 02:43:15 PM »
Where do you find the DD files? I know X ray knows how to edit the amount of offspring, I would PM him.

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 12:27:33 PM »
Would you email X-ray about dino danger offspring? That would be awesome and also the penguin/flamingo thing.:IloveZA:

Thanx

I found the DD files on the net and are in a folder which I can't find because I uninstalled DD to edit the # of offspring for ES and AA
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:30:52 PM by goldenpuon »

Offline Hamish2405

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 01:15:51 AM »
Can u add fences,animals...etc from MM2 to normal Zoo Tycoon 2?

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 01:01:34 PM »
Not without installing MM2.

I got some message from RedNotDead maybe about the penguins and flamingos but my computer wouldn't let me.  I'm going to ty to get to it.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 01:05:31 PM »
closed for clarification

reopened
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:12:29 AM by RedNotDead »

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 09:38:21 AM »
Has anyone been successful at coding penguins and flamingos for more offspring?  If you do please tell me how. (Sorry if i'm annoying repeating myself)
Please reply

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 10:10:47 AM »
I never messed with the penguins nor the flamingoes when I edited for correct number of babies...because the correct number for those birds is only one offspring.

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 01:17:39 PM »
Did you say that the offspring cannot be edited or is it possible?:unsure:

Note:I was successful at getting animals with no minPlays maxplays to have more babies like the zebra, okapi, bison, bongo, etc. to over 4 babies.(unatural I know)

Offline SageofWater

• Raptor Pack
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 01:47:56 PM »
Ive tried coding the flamingo and penguin to lay 5 eggs and it said plain as day, that it should have 5 eggs but when it laid its egg it stil had one...:wacko: .

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 10:41:19 AM »
This seems to be the case on Marine Mania 2 also.  I haven't been able the manta rays or blue marlins to hvae the correct number(at least 10-15) babies and the animals that are only prgrammed to have 1 baby cannot seem to be edited either.  I wonder if it's possible to edit offspring on MM2/  Anyone know?

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 01:53:24 AM »
I heard you can unlock dinosaur files by right clicking and selecting 'repair'. Only a theory. Don't have Dino Danger, can't test it.

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 08:44:03 AM »
I don't think that idea works Cuddly Panda cause I've tried that many times and it hasn't worked yet once.  Winrar has a repair archive function and that doesn't work either.  All it does is move the files somewhere else and call it rebuilt.z2f