Author Topic: Wondering how to program predators to hunt downloaded animals  (Read 1305 times)

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
Wondering how to program predators to hunt downloaded animals
« on: January 08, 2007, 02:32:40 PM »
I like to set up zoos much like Simsafari and have my predators hunt prey like in real life.  I have tried putting in downloaded animals of both predator and prey in these kind of scenarios but the downloaded predators won't seem to hunt at all (user made animals or official animals) and my offical animals (example lions) won't hunt anything but official zoo tycoon 2 animals.  (Will hunt Thomson's gazelle but won't hunt addra gazelle or springboks).  How would I program my offical and user-made predators to hunt downloaded and official animals?

Thanks.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:24:16 PM »
In the animal's ai (xml) file, there is a line that says:
b_Prey="true"
This has to be there for the animal to "be" prey. For an animal to be a "hunter" the line has to be:
, plus the animal has to be a "carnivore".
You can edit any animal's ai (xml) file with Notepad, but make sure that you UNCHECK the "read only" box in Properties for the animals. :hmmm:

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 01:28:30 PM »
Ok, I looked through files of both downloaded and official animals. I noticed that and b_Prey="true" are there already there but looking into the downloaded animals verses the official ones, some of the coding for prey, stalk etc. is missing and that is probably the reason why downloaded animals don't hunt and are not hunted.
Please let me know if I can edit the downloaded animals' coding so they can hunt or be prey like they should.  Also, I am nervous that if I try to edit the downloaded animal's coding myself I will make a mistake and mess up the coding.  If I have permission to edit the downloaded animals coding could someone point me in the right direction so that the file will be ok or csleesburg, will you take a look at the coding in the animal's files to see what exactly is missing.  I mainly looked at the addra gazelle, thomson's gazelle, dingo, and gray wolf ai xml and ai beh and tsk files when I found this out.

Thanks for your help!

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 01:45:23 PM »
Nope, sorry, but you can NOT alter any coding of any downloaded animals. : :( :  If the makers had wanted them to hunt/be prey they would have put it in. You can, however, edit the BF animals just for yourself, if you want. That's your own game and you can do with it what you want.

The only thing is, make SURE and make a COPY of your Entities file before you do any editing!! Absolutely NEVER work on the original entities file! :juggle:

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 02:01:34 PM »
And also, its not fair to ask someone else to make a change just for you; most of us are really quite busy, and most of the time, you'll just have to figure it out yourself; its not hard though, and we have many resources to help you out. I have links to Guides in my signature, in fact