Author Topic: Help Wanted!  (Read 1242 times)

Offline zoolife

• Pooper Scooper
Help Wanted!
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:35:16 AM »
I am trying to get some help and maybe even a partner to help code.

I have a TON of cool animal ideas and a few questions:
1) Can I get the mesh (.nif) file and skin (.dds) file and somehow have it coded to  make it into an animal?:wicked:

2) Please re-explain, in greater detail, how to enlanrge an animal to make the monster of my dreams! :loony:

P.M. me if you want to help me.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:35:56 AM by zoolife »

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
Help Wanted!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 01:16:26 PM »
First off, welcome to the world of creating for ZT2!  With a lot of patience and practice you can also be making content for the game - but I warn you, nothing ever goes smoothly first, second or even tenth time around!

Really, the first place you should look is So You Want To Be A Designer..., a thread for beginners written by Mikaboshi, one of the more prolific and talented designers here (not to say that there aren't many other fantastic designers! :laughing:)  As you can see, it is best to start with something simple like a varient skin before launching fully into making animals.  :)

Of course, many people will point you towards APE II, a tutorial written to help people make animals for ZT2, but there are some problems as I will address later.  Futhermore, there are many other tutorials available for many aspects of ZT2 editing, such as varients, paths, and fences.  These should help you on your way, and are useful sources of information!

If you do decide to start jumping into animal making (which is not the easiest first task ;P), then two stickied threads by Mikaboshi will help you when the APE II tutorial is not enough: Mika's Animal Attribute Changing thread which will help you find where you need to change biome, size, offspring numbers, fame level, cost and more options within the animal files.  Additionally, Mikaboshi's Common Problems thread may also help troubleshoot some problems with creating animals (and some other content) without the need to post for help on the forums. :)

Finally, for more indepth help with editing, I'd recommend going to the ZT2 Designing Center, an affliated board of Zoo Admin soley devoted to creating user content for the game with many friendly people who will help you out.

I think that covers most things!

Offline zoolife

• Pooper Scooper
Great!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 11:26:03 AM »
Thanks to Shen for the advice, but APE II does not work on my blasted computer!
:throw:

And I have already made a few good skins. What I need is a coding partner that has expirience making skins into .z2f files. HOW DO I DO THAT!?!? (excuse the yelling.)

So, as it stands:
                                                   :hifive:
                             WANTED:
                                    Coder hwo can alter AI and
                                       make skins into animals!

P.S.  I should be able to get my computer fixed as soon as my dad finds me a new hard drive!! :crash:

Offline zoolife

• Pooper Scooper
Help Wanted!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:27:04 AM »
P.S. What do you think of my Avatar icon?
SING IT IROH!!!

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Help Wanted!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 11:32:32 AM »
do not spam the forums. Do not double post especially with spam and also as we laredy have a topic where you can post if you reguire help on a project this is now closed.