Author Topic: Animal Creation  (Read 1466 times)

Offline metallica_fan

• Pooper Scooper
Animal Creation
« on: February 13, 2007, 07:59:11 PM »
How do you make these different animals and paths and whatnot. Ive always wanted to know because it seems very interesting. Is there a program you need to download or somethin?

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Re: How do you...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 08:04:26 PM »
http://www.zooadmin.net/Smf/index.php?topic=7598.0 This will give you all the information you need. Also, please use the Search feature - obviously we all started out with questions so its very possible that someone has already started a thread that you can post in before having to start a new topic.

Right now all of our downloads are down until further notice. I would also suggest the ZT2 Designing Centre, the only site on the web devoted solely to ZT2 Editing http://s14.invisionfree.com/ZT2_Designing_Center/

Offline metallica_fan

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 08:09:03 PM »
wow its more complicated then i thought!

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:13:19 PM »
Yep! It's not a simple process by any means. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. And a LOT of patience lol

Offline night_stalker_xD

• Pooper Scooper
  • The "almost" Reproduction Master
Animal Creation
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 07:47:39 AM »
Hey people, I wanted to know how can I crate animals or make variant skins, like the other players, I saw in the net that it's very hard to create animals because it takes a long time to create them, and a lot of pacience, but I wanted to try, first because I have a lot of ideas, and second because I don't have anything to doo  :loony:
AAAAAAAAh and sorry if someone osted it somewhere else, but I don't finded any forum like that one so I made one, ut if realy exists, really sorry :bag:

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
Re: Animal Creation
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 08:29:18 AM »
Topic merged and moved to ZT2 Editing.  Please use the Search feature in the future - thanks!

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Re: Animal Creation
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 08:57:36 AM »
Well you should really check out mika's thread "so you want to be a designer".  It will give you a list of all the programs you will need, as well as links for turtorials.  However since the downloads section is not yet up, you will have to wait a bit until you can download the tutorials.  There is a site called ZT2 Design Center whose primary focus is ZT2 designing.  You should be able to find some of the tutorials there like the VAT, which is used for making animal variants.  I'll give you my opinion though.  Don't try and make an animal until you have made a variant.  When you make a variant you are only editing the skin for the animal and takes a lot less time to make.  Making an animal involves coding as well as skinning or recoloring, and it is harder.