Author Topic: Need a Skinner Requests  (Read 945 times)

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Need a Skinner Requests
« on: February 21, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »
In light of so many people eager to start creating by themselves, but without the ability to either code or color, this thread was deemed necessary. Yes, there was a thread entitled Skinner/Coder needed requests before, but it was unorganized and nothing was working about it.

Therefore, two threads have been started. If you need a coder or a skinner, please make sure that your request goes in the correct thread. This thread is for Skinner Requests. For Coder requests, please go to the sister thread here

Please make sure your post contains these vital pieces of information; if it doesn't you may be asked to revise it, or it will be simply removed altogether in an effort to keep it as organized as possible, for the benefit of everyone.

Your post must include:

-If you need a skinner or a coder, NOT BOTH. This thread is not intended for requests to do your ideas, but for people who are practicing one half and not able to do the other. Also, this thread is not for finding mesh editors as of yet.
-What your experience is. How long have you been coding/skinning, what kind of stuff you've done. If you have any downloads available, list them so the other person can see your work.
-What kinds of projects you need someone for. Are you doing animals, dinosaurs, scenery, foliage, buildings?
-An invitation to PM you. Do not put your email address in your post; this is to protect you.

Therefore, the following example would be incorrect:

Hi, my name is Mikaboshi and I am looking for a coder because i want to make new animals ZOMG.

Instead, we ask that you follow more closely to the following example:

Hello! I'm mikaboshi, but you can call me Mika. I am in need of a coder. I have been designing since March of 2006 roughly, and have since then made several skins and a few animals, including the skins for the Penguika Amazon Pack, Wolf Reskins, and the Norweigian Fjord Pony. I am in need of a coder for animals, as I am trying to make a few animals that just don't fit in with the Penguika themes, and coding is too time consuming for me. If you are available for a few projects, feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Remember, this is JUST an example...I don't want my inbox flooded with PMs! :laugh2:

Now, the last thing you need to do it edit your post if you get a partner, in order to let people know that you no longer need their assistance at this time.

Example:

Hello! I'm mikaboshi, but you can call me Mika. I am in need of a coder. I have been
designing since March of 2006 roughly, and have since thenmade several skins and a few animals, including the skins for the Penguika Amazon Pack, Wolf Reskins, and the Norweigian Fjord Pony. I am in need of a coder for animals, as I am trying to make a  few animals that just don't fit in with the Penguika themes, and coding is too time consuming for me. If you are available for a few projects, feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Edit: Thanks to Koala Komander, I do not currently need a coder.

This will make sure that you don't get a million PMs from people.

Some Tips:

- First, make sure to check the Skinner thread to see if someone doesn't already need a coder. Most times you can work out something where you both have things you want to get done, but can't without some help, which you can provide. Remember if you help someone do their project, chances are they will be more than willing to help you with yours!
- Make sure to follow the posting guidelines above.
- If you are interested in working with one of the people here in the thread, PM them! It's your responsibility to get the ball rolling. No one is going to contact you; you need to contact them.

Let's try to keep this organized to help keep it easy for everyone. Thanks, and good look finding a second half!