Author Topic: User-created fixes for bugs  (Read 1135 times)

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
User-created fixes for bugs
« on: January 19, 2005, 07:48:45 PM »
Posted by: many moles Dec. 13 2004, 04:51 AM
After searching through these game files, I've found one who handles the zoo staff.
I read from a problem that staff wouldn't sit on safari nor jungle theme benches.
I've found the source of this bug  
Inside the ai.z2f file you will find one named staffMgr.xml. The first lines will read like this

I've recognized that there are only the staffcenter and the default(df) benches listed. I've changed the first lines into this

Hopefully this will fix the "staff ingoring safari und jungle theme benches bug". Unfortunaly I've not been able to test this since I haven't unlocked these two theme packs. Maybe someone could do this for me..

many moles  

Posted by: many moles Dec. 14 2004, 02:19 AM
 success

It's working... All staff members now sit on the benches no matter what type they are

many moles  

Posted by: flamethrower Dec. 14 2004, 06:33 PM
Looks awesome. I will add this to the list of useful threads.

Moving to ZT2 Editting BTW.  

Posted by: Eagle One Dec. 14 2004, 09:16 PM
wow thanks for taking the work into fixing this issue  

Posted by: rygorde4 Dec. 16 2004, 07:45 PM
How do you get to the xml file? I mean from the ai.zt2 to the .zml one...how do you get to that?

Posted by: many moles Dec. 16 2004, 11:08 PM
You must rename ther file to .zip. Then unzipp it and you will be able to edit what you like. After thaht rezip it and it should be done. For Safety make acopy of the orginal file before you start.
You've beeen talking about .zt2 files, but there are .z2f in ZT2. Probably just misspelled...

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
User-created fixes for bugs
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 07:48:45 PM »
Posted by: many moles Dec. 13 2004, 04:51 AM
After searching through these game files, I've found one who handles the zoo staff.
I read from a problem that staff wouldn't sit on safari nor jungle theme benches.
I've found the source of this bug  
Inside the ai.z2f file you will find one named staffMgr.xml. The first lines will read like this

I've recognized that there are only the staffcenter and the default(df) benches listed. I've changed the first lines into this

Hopefully this will fix the "staff ingoring safari und jungle theme benches bug". Unfortunaly I've not been able to test this since I haven't unlocked these two theme packs. Maybe someone could do this for me..

many moles  

Posted by: many moles Dec. 14 2004, 02:19 AM
 success

It's working... All staff members now sit on the benches no matter what type they are

many moles  

Posted by: flamethrower Dec. 14 2004, 06:33 PM
Looks awesome. I will add this to the list of useful threads.

Moving to ZT2 Editting BTW.  

Posted by: Eagle One Dec. 14 2004, 09:16 PM
wow thanks for taking the work into fixing this issue  

Posted by: rygorde4 Dec. 16 2004, 07:45 PM
How do you get to the xml file? I mean from the ai.zt2 to the .zml one...how do you get to that?

Posted by: many moles Dec. 16 2004, 11:08 PM
You must rename ther file to .zip. Then unzipp it and you will be able to edit what you like. After thaht rezip it and it should be done. For Safety make acopy of the orginal file before you start.
You've beeen talking about .zt2 files, but there are .z2f in ZT2. Probably just misspelled...