Author Topic: Is Correl PaintShop Pro X Okay Too?  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Zookeeper
Is Correl PaintShop Pro X Okay Too?
« on: September 04, 2006, 10:55:38 AM »
I was skimming the PaintShop Pro tutorials (for 7,8,9 and 10) here and was wondering if there were any tutorials for using the Correl PaintShop Pro X (10) program to edit/recolor things for A.P.E??

(The controls are laid out so different, it's almost insane!)

-ZW

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 11:39:03 AM »
Well, all that happened was that Corel bought Jasc/PSP. It's still the same product. And, from 7 and 8 the controls have changed quite a bit. If you post a problem, maybe I (or someone) can help. :original: It's actually very easy, once you get the hang of it. Also, if you can afford it, the "Paint Shop Pro For Dummies" book is EXCELLENT.

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 12:25:49 PM »
I have PSP 9 so if you want any help, maybe I can help you too.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 03:25:17 PM »
I've seen a few Dummies books (I love Dummies books!) for paintShop, but as yet not one for PainShop X (10).

My sister lent me her old copy of PaintShop Pro 7 For Dummies, but the darn controls are completely different on this crazy "X" version of mine! (I thought I was being sooooo dang cool by getting such a snazy new program, too!:blushing: )

I supose the best thing to do is blindly start hitting things to see what they all do, but I have a mortal fear of causeing a Total Computer Meltdown. I really don't like Total Computer Meltdowns.

Well, at least it's good to know that there does in fact seem to be people here who will be willing to (try) and help me, should I really get stuck up a creek!

-ZW

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 03:59:41 PM »
Well, I've got the Dummies book for PSP 9 and it works quite well for 10, too, so you might give that one a try from your library.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 08:50:23 PM »
Are the controls laid out the same in PainShop Pro 9 as in X?

(They are NOT the same as 7, which is where I get confused.)

I just signed up for an online corse that claims to teach "Begining PaintShop Pro X", so I'm optomistic that I won't be clueless forever!

-ZW

Offline Quivaz

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://oneheartlonging.blogspot.com
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 08:37:33 AM »
Nah, you'll be fine.  I don't know much of Paint Shop Pro myself (I use Photoshop) but once you get the hang of recoloring, it's very very easy to do over and over again!  Good luck with it and just don't get discouraged and give up.  You will get the hang of it and enjoy it all in no time!