Author Topic: Crashing Game When Exiting  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Pavocristantus

• Zookeeper
  • We eat Ham and Jam and Spamalot!
Crashing Game When Exiting
« on: January 28, 2006, 05:56:22 AM »
I don't knowif anyone else has this problem or if its just me. I have ES and it worked fine for about 2 weeks... but now, every time i exit the game it 'crashes' so when i press 'ctrl', 'alt' and 'del' it says thatits not responding! I tryed re-installing it ad it didn't solve anything. doesanyone know how to help me? :sad

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 07:54:29 AM »
Well now, I could be wrong... but - have you done a defrag on your computer? Sound's like you might be running short on memory. How big/fast is your processor? Have you emptied your Temp files and/or cookies?

Offline Pavocristantus

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 08:28:03 AM »
the prossesor is pentiun 4 ht and is 3.5 ghz. What is 'defraging?' and what are temp files

EDIT: Oh iknow what it is now

Offline j3nni

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 10:54:54 AM »
defragging sorts out any spaces n other stuff makin ur hard disk untidy.. u should get into the habit of doing it every now and again, it can speed up things for you.. usually its in ur start menu under 'accesories' and then in 'system tools

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 11:36:29 AM »
And your temp files are stored under Temporary Internet Files in IE. Use Tools/Internet Options/General/Delete Files and Delete Cookies. That will free up a LOT of space on your computer if you've not done it. Like the defrag, you should do it often (I do mine every single day). You'd be SURPRISED what gets stored in 'temp'! :shocked After you do that, you'll have to re-Sign In on your sites, though. If you want to know more about 'keeping' your computer, you can PM me.

Sounds like you have a good processor, though, which is a good thing! :happy

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 12:14:46 PM »
Another way to do this is using the 'Disk Cleanup' Tool, also usually in the system tools folder with the disk defragmenter.

This will also give you the option of deleting other temporary files.

Offline Pavocristantus

• Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 12:46:02 PM »
Thanks guys it kind of turns of but i'm now left with a ringing wich is somewhere in between a D and D sharp!