Author Topic: Help! No Mates Appear On Family Tree!  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Help! No Mates Appear On Family Tree!
« on: April 18, 2006, 08:17:52 AM »
:help  While working on my contest zoo, I noticed that mates were no longer appearing on the family tree tab, even if a pregnancy results!!!!! :shocked  I have tried reinstalling both ZT2 and ES, and I have NO hacks, user-created animals/items, or xml changes.  I did add the option file from ZA for the unlockables.....  I opened my contest zoo, and another problem I had was fixed (koalas & orangutans were staying very angry even when all needs were totally satisfied!!); however, I still have NO MATES on the family trees!!  I even tried opening a new map and building a test exhibit, but to no avail!!  It even appears that my animals are inbreeding!! :omg   I like to open the list of my animals so I can click on each one and see what they are doing, and a female snow leopard that had recently become an adult was "Running from Snow Leopard 1," and not long after that, she was pregnant!!   Her father, Snow Leopard 1, was the only adult male in the exhibit!!!  Later in the same game, he killed his own son, despite having more than enough food and toys!! :huh

Please help me I don't know what else to do, since I already reinstalled! :crying

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 09:26:03 AM »
Wow, that's really strange.  I don't even have any IDEAS for a solution yet (although I'll think about it) but I was wondering...do you still have the problem where all your guests only carry headphones, too, or was that fixed when you reinstalled?   :huh

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 11:49:04 AM »
The snow leopard babies will fight when they grow up if they're a male, even if it is father and son - usually when I do this the son wins...

I know the mate disappears off the list when you get rid of the animal but it doesn't sound like that's your problem. I'm not sure how to fix your problem sorry - beyond trying another reinstall and making sure there are (a) no programs running in the background (including virus checkers) and (b) thatyou're not clicking ignore if it fails to copy something - I did that and ended up with half the entities file missing, (fortunately it was just a bit of grit on the CD blocking the transfer)

What's the option file do? Is it compatible with ES?