Author Topic: AA animal files  (Read 1259 times)

Offline otusasio451

• Zookeeper
AA animal files
« on: May 22, 2006, 12:22:36 PM »
I found the location of the AA animal files...I think. The thing is, when I started editing the ai files in Notepead, and I tried to save it, it said I couldn't because it was in read-only format. What do I do?

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
AA animal files
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 02:01:22 PM »
Usually when you get a read only error it's because the file is being read off CD.  The computer knows it can't save directly to the CD and so gives you an error.  If you found the file on the AA CD, copy it over to your hard drive and then try to edit it.  If you found the file on the hard drive, what you have to do is right-click it and choose properties.  Then un-check the "read-only" box in attributes and you should be able to edit it.  :happy:

The other thing you should be able to do is pick "Save As" instead of save, and choose a different name and a place on your hard drive, and it should let you save.

Offline Koala Komander

• ZA Designer
  • Scientist
    • Zoomania
AA animal files
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 08:23:03 PM »
if you are getting the file from the disk,it probably wouldnt let you edit it,but if you go to; my computer/c:/program files/microsoft games/zoo tycoon 2  and then you go to the folder witht hte AA files,then i think it will let you edit them.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
AA animal files
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 09:48:13 PM »
Quote from: Koala Komander
if you are getting the file from the disk,it probably wouldnt let you edit it,but if you go to; my computer/c:/program files/microsoft games/zoo tycoon 2  and then you go to the folder witht hte AA files,then i think it will let you edit them.

Which, I'm sorry to say, is ALWAYS a mistake! Always, always, always make a copy of the files you want to edit. Never edit the originals!

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
AA animal files
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 10:08:57 PM »
I think all the ai files are in .xml so after editing in notepad you may go to save as, all files and _______.xml. Hope this Clears!