Author Topic: ZT2 African Adventure won't install  (Read 1472 times)

Offline mytycoon

• Pooper Scooper
ZT2 African Adventure won't install
« on: June 02, 2006, 01:26:15 PM »
When I try to install African Ad.  I get a message that says ZT2 isn't installed.  The last game I installed was ES.  I can't reinstall ZT2 because I no longer have that disc.: :( :   What do you suggest? :huh:

Offline Court-Court

• Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 01:31:44 PM »
Maybe you unistall then reinstall all of them, but save your saved zoos.
Welcome to ZA! :IloveZA:

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 01:33:06 PM »
I unfortunately have some bad news for you, as the EXACT same problem happened to me and the solution was to uninstall and reinstall everything.

Now did you lose the disc, or give it away, or what?  Because if you lost it, you might be able to pay a fee and get Microsoft to replace it if you can provide your proof of purchase.  However if you sold it or gave it away, obviously that would not be legal for you to do, because you don't own the game anymore, so the best thing would probably be to try to buy the game used.

I tried very hard to find a different solution to this, as I really didn't want to reinstall myself, but finally ended up having to.  I have a hunch when it gives that error message it's finding something wrong with the registry entry, although I could be totally wrong.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 03:12:31 PM »
I, too, had to do that. But, make sure and copy both your Profile Options and your Saved Zoos to somewhere like "My Documents" for safekeeping, or you'll have to re-do everything.:shocked:  (I speaks from experience....: :( : )

Offline lauriej

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 03:36:28 PM »
had same problem had to uninstall all and then reinstall, then i had to do it again for the patch.  stupid computer

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 03:40:07 PM »
You too?  What kind of computer do you have?  Do you have any user downloads installed?  Maybe if we can figure out what those of us who have the problem have in common, we can figure out what's causing it.  :huh:

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 05:27:20 PM »
I had a similar problem installing AA.  When I reinstalled, I let it go to the default location instead of where I usually put my games (which is where it was originally).  I was then able to install AA and installed the patch today with no problems.

Maybe AA only looks in the default location for what it needs to find?