Author Topic: African Adventures freezing  (Read 1235 times)

Offline supremeruler77

• Zookeeper
African Adventures freezing
« on: June 29, 2006, 01:11:41 PM »
I installed african adventures, and now its making the game run extremely slow. about ten minutes pass before the game moves a minute. and about once a day, it freezes completely. even the mouse cant move. but i get the sound, o yes its still there. the chirping of the birds and the help bar sound. and it drives me nuts, untill ive waited long enough. i turn of the computer and lose all my data for that game and i slip into a coma and die. its horrible.

i have windows xp and usually this didnt happen with es.

please help.:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 01:39:11 PM »
First of all what setting are the graffics on? If they are to high they can crash/freeze the game on slower comuters. Secondly do you have the AA patch that was released recently as it fixes a number of bugs in the game and improves performance so the game runs better.

Offline kiger

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 01:41:15 PM »
Same here. It has happened to me since i bought zoo tycoon 2

Offline cheech

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 08:28:20 PM »
On mine it shuts the game right off no error message or anything. no warning..
Last night the game froze as I was changing the biome you could here the noise of the terrain changing but had to reboot the computer. I have installed the patch and I have a 2.1 ghz pc... oh well nothing to do but save every 5 minutes.

Offline Shenzu Shikiru

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 08:26:48 AM »
I've got a simalart problem, but I can just pull up the Task Manage and reopen the game just long enough to go back to the main menu...