Author Topic: Cannot install African Adventure...please help!  (Read 1222 times)

Offline princessBexx

• Pooper Scooper
Cannot install African Adventure...please help!
« on: July 21, 2006, 06:59:50 PM »
Hello, I just got African Adventure and I'm going crazy cause I want to install and play, however I'm getting "Zoo Tycoon 2 is not installed".  I've read the topic here that suggests I reinstall but I don't want to lose my saved games, can someone tell me how to back them up (I don't want to have to start the scenario's all over again) before I uninstall and reinstall Zoo Tycoon 2 & Endangered Species.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...I'm dying to check this new expansion pack out!!!

Bexx

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 07:53:15 PM »
Your saved games are located at: C:\Documents and Settings\*Your Name Here*\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2

Or you can find them by going to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Games > Zoo Tycoon 2 > Zoo Tycoon 2 Profiles. If you used the default profile, then "Default Profile" will be the only folder in there. Anyways, Select all of the folders in there, and hit Ctrl+C (Copy). Then, Copy and Paste to someplace, like your desktop, by hitting Ctrl+P . Reinstall the games, put on AA, and then remember to grab those folders and paste them back into that same place (if it says, "Overwrite this file?" Say "yes"). That should do it! It will save all of your scenarios, saved games, and photo albums.

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 09:41:47 PM »
Just to let you know, uninstalling and reinstalling will probably not do anything to your saved games.  It is still a good idea to backup the folder but will most likely not be needed.  

I had the same problem with AA and did the reinstall thing without even thinking about my saved games but they were all there when I played the next time.