Author Topic: 2 problems  (Read 1372 times)

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
2 problems
« on: August 01, 2006, 04:56:46 AM »
Ok , I need help with 2 problems. Both happen in the same zoo . First , my zookeepers won't clean up poop . There is an entrance and exit to the exhibet yet they won't do it. Sometimes they jsut walk in and walk out without filling food dishes or anything!

Secondly , my guest won't  do anything. Heres a little map of my zoo first there is a big square with a gift shop and restaraunt then two food stalls and a washroom. After that is my exhibets . Usually my guests go into the gift shop or restaraunt. But , after they do that they jsut stand there. I checked there thoughts and they say they have nothing to do. I tried putting a gust on a path by the exhibets and the samething happened.

I need help. Thanks in advance.

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
2 problems
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »
Maybe you could have more gates so zookeepers can get in the exhibits multiple ways so the poop can be reached and clean.  It helps with more entrances/exits.

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
2 problems
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 10:19:17 AM »
If you're playing in freeform or using the money cheat then I highly reccomend using no gates in the fences, and sticking 1 zookeeper in each exhibit. When you do this make sure you assign them to the exhibit they are locked into also, so they don't try to clean up other exhibits and complain they can't reach the site.
They still occasionally have problems keeping up with the animals but the zookeepers do a lot better. They tend to walk through exhibits trying to get to other exhibtis around the zoo, so having no gates really does help a lot.

If you are not using the money cheat then make sure your zookeepers are assigned only to a few exhibits, and if possible lock them away from the guest area by creating gates between adjoining exhibits. This should stop them wandering too far away!: :) :

As for the guests getting frozen that happens to me sometimes too, and I do find it very irritating :angry: - sometimes looking at theire needs (hunger thirst etc) and putting them near where that need can be satisfied breaks them out of the cycle. Otherwise I find closing the zoo, emptying it of guests and then re-opening can sometimes do the trick. Sometimes saving the game and reloading it will also make them active.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 10:21:46 AM by alloy61 »

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
2 problems
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 12:27:54 PM »
I'll see if that works , thanks for the help guys. AS for the guests I tried reopening and as soon as they go in they fulfill any needs but I'll see if they explore now .

Edit : The guests wouldn't do a thing no matter what I did. I've decided to ditch that zoo and make a new one (which I'm starting to like much better) I'm trying the zookeeper thing (1 trapped in an exhibet) to see if it helps.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 06:50:55 PM by dinwrest »

Offline simmaster

• Pooper Scooper
2 problems
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 06:34:33 PM »
I always trap zookeepers in exhibits.Its the easiest way to not hear:mail:  "I cant' reach the blah blah blah".

[modnotice=mikaboshi]Edited as unnecessary and very close to spamming the boards[/modnotice]