Author Topic: "Unnamed" bug (serious problem! Please help!)  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Gloria

• Zookeeper
"Unnamed" bug (serious problem! Please help!)
« on: October 05, 2006, 05:17:24 PM »
Hi, I have a strange problem.  All of my animals that hatch from eggs are called "unnamed".  I did not have this problem when I first got the game, but some user-made animals I downloaded did have this issue. Well, then for some reason ALL of my hatchling animals were labeled "unnamed", including the regular official birds and reptiles.  Then the problem seemed to briefly resolve itself after I got ES, I think, but when I got AA I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game and both expansions, due largely to the fact that all of my campaigns had to be re-done and the bug in the "space requirements hack" I was using was prohibiting my completion of one scenario which contained hippos and polar bears.

So Anyway. I reinstalled everything, in hopes of restoring the original files and everything, right? I now have no hacks in the regular game files.

Well, the "unnamed" problem is back.

And I'm pretty sure the bug is to blame for the fact that I can't finish the Secretary Bird campaign, because it's not reading the egg for the photo as a secretary bird egg, it's reading it as "unnamed"! 0_o

So anyway. Has anybody else ever had this problem? Is there a solution?

I think I'll try uninstalling all the user-made stuff I have and see if that fixes it.

*Sigh*

Offline kiwah

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 05:28:31 PM »
Never had it, It sounds evil! and you can't name eggs either! Oh Nos! I am sorry I couldn't help.

Offline Gloria

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 05:52:12 PM »
Woo! It's alright now. I think I fixed it.

Mods, you can delete this thread if you like. I managed to rectify the problem. :)

Offline Army Kid

• Zookeeper
  • Computer Geek!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 06:35:57 PM »
How did you fix it? When I am placing an animal, it says "Unnamed needs more space," etc. I believe it may be talking about the animal model (or whatever) attatched to the cursor prior to placing an animal.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 11:34:38 PM »
the unnamed problem is usually due to a conflict in a user created animal.  Or a hack that was not installed correctly therefore it overwrites the files needed for the animals to be named.

Offline Gloria

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 05:43:40 AM »
Yes. I THINK it might have been the penguins pack I had installed. I removed all of the user-made birds I had, and then the problem simply righted itself.  Like I said, I had no hacks on this installation, so I knew it wasn't that. It was just a matter of taking out stuff until I found something that worked.

The bug was also causing the game to pop up messages of "unnamed dislikes being in such a smelly exhibit!" which when clicked on would just shoot me over to my compost building in some corner of the zoo usually MILES from any animals. Really strange!