Author Topic: 4 random crashes in 1 hour  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
4 random crashes in 1 hour
« on: January 03, 2007, 12:07:29 PM »
ok

i was about to play ZT2 with AA and ES but the game would start and i would load a zoo but shortly after my game crashed

its crashed all 4 times while i have been in Zoo keeper mode dropping into my Eurasian Badger exibit

i drop in from over head and then take a few steps and it crashes

havent tried it with the other exibits though

the first crash was just an error where the the program is haveing a problem and need to close..... send or dont send error report box pops up

the seccond time i got another error box that said come C++ thing in it and i could not click anything but the box and my cursor had dissapeared

the third time the screen just went blank and went back to my desktop with out a freeze or anything

the 4th time the game froze and my cursor normal white arrow cursor appeared but when you moved it it would reappear and dissapear

i finally exited the game by hitting Esc or the windows buttoni dont know which one

there may have been a box somewhere that 4th time because the I shaped thing appeared in a certain area of the screen then my cursor was over it
i could no see the box though

i have a brand new flat screen PC with the newest best graphics cards and plenty of memory left

the game has been working fine up till today and the cd has quite a few small-medium scratches
can someone help me??
also can i get rid of the scratches somehow??

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 12:17:41 PM »
For small to medium sized scratches, I know there are a lot of products out there that can get rid of them. We bought ours at Best Buy (has a wheel shaped mechanism that you place the CD in after a few squirts of some "magic" liquid - and then it "buffs" out the scratches). It does seem to work about 90% of the time.

As far as the game freezing though, I am sure others will be along that are more "technical" than I am, but the first thing I would try would be the drivers (just making sure they are all up to date) even a new computer may not have all the drivers updated.

Offline Lt.Dan

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 12:25:50 PM »
I don't think its the scratches I have several scrathes on my disc but my game doesn't crash.You said it happened when you went into guest mode in your eurasion badger exibit, that being a user download it could be incompatible with your new computer or graphics card although it shouldn't be. otherwise I have no Idea crashes can be and are usually caused by multiple things.

Offline chelra1969

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:41:39 PM »
I sometimes crash in the way that you describe your 1st crash but usually it's fine when I  restart the game up. I don't know why this happens, though, sorry. As for the scratches, I bought some CD repair kits off ebay quite cheaply where you use this little tube of liquid and a special cloth and it restores the CD and fixes the scratches.

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 04:19:11 PM »
ok thanks

ive gone into guest mode with the badgers before

Offline Lt.Dan

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 04:45:17 PM »
you don't have MM right?If you do that could be causing some memory issues, if not I can't really help you anymore.: :( :