Author Topic: Peacenote1 Zoos  (Read 22182 times)

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2006, 12:11:59 AM »
I love your creative zoos! :D

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2006, 12:27:35 AM »
That is such a beautiful exhibit ! :wtg

Offline Hughesy

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Pretty kitty
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2006, 01:00:57 AM »
Originally posted by Crookshankz227@Mar 25 2006, 02:27 AM
That is such a beautiful exhibit ! :wtg
He just took the words out of my mouth

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2006, 08:44:17 AM »
Thanks, everyone!  I'm so glad you like this zoo, it's the first one I've put a lot of effort into in a long time!  I have more pics now, which actually were ready last night but I couldn't get in to put them up!

To the right of the zoo entrance is the Spectacled Bear exhibit.  The zoo designers made a strong effort to make the terrain natural and interesting for its tenants.

Here's another view of the exhibit from a different angle with the elevated path showing.  From this angle you can see what I call the "Best Shot of the Zoo," which is that little overhang where you can see almost the whole exhibit and the busy exhibit beyond.

Here is a photo snapped from that overhang.  As you can see, the zoo has first focused on bringing in Temperate Forest animals, which are not as common here in the desert.

Did you know?  The zoo's first pair of Spectacled Bears did not appreciate the natural, hilled exhibit at all.  They sulked  and refused to eat.  The zookeepers couldn't coax them out of their unhappiness and finally put the pair up for adoption together.  The pictures you will next see are actually of the second pair of Spectacled Bears that the zoo acquired.  Those two bears made themselves right at home!   :angel

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2006, 08:50:44 AM »
Stupendous! Excelent! Superb! :lol I love the exhibits, they look quite a bit like ones I generally try to do, except better! I also notice a temperate theme here, wonder what other animals will be coming.

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2006, 08:53:09 AM »
:wow  This is the most gorgeous zoo I have ever seen.  Is the decoration all part of the spring pack because I would really like to know where the path at the entrance can be downloaded!

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2006, 09:01:59 AM »
 Here is the view you would see if you chose to view the exhibit from the ground viewing area (attached to the South China Tiger's ground viewing area) instead of from the elevated path.

This show was just too beautiful NOT to include, even though it doesn't showcase any animals.  It's a view of the foliage and zoo entrance from the Spectacled Bear ground viewing area.  I love all the color in this shot.  Careful if you click on it, as it IS big.

One of the bears climbing a tree.  I always get a kick out of seeing those great big bears on the little trees!

Here's the male bear, I believe, enjoying the big rock in his exhibit.  These bears really do have beautiful markings.

Offline Hughesy

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Pretty kitty
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2006, 09:08:29 AM »
Really really etc.Nice pictures

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2006, 09:12:03 AM »
Well, now you guys are exaggerating!   :blush   Thank you so much, though.  A lot of the decorations are from the Spring Pack, but the path right outside the entrance of the zoo is the gravel path made by Honor.  And the tiger skin path is one of Doooot's.   :happy

Folks, we have a real treat for you now.  Our highly trained photographer just happened to be in the exhibit when the female spectacled bear gave birth to a beautiful cub.  Next are a series of shots from this wonderful event.

As it actually SAID "going to give birth," it appears that the mother likes to get a little stretching in before performing her task!    :lol

Giving birth next to the much-loved Puya plant.

Just born!  Sorry for the dark shots, but Mama Bear thought it best that her baby be born at dusk!

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2006, 09:19:19 AM »
 Shhh!  Baby needs to eat.

Aren't I just the cutest thing?

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2006, 10:25:41 AM »
 If you were to take a left after entering the zoo, you would pass the future Sky Tram site and find this exhibit.  It's a mixed exhibit with Koalas, Grison, Eurasian Badgers, and Peafowl.  There's no ground level viewing area, but the elevated path goes very low into the exhibit so you really feel like you're right in the middle of it.

It's a very popular exhibit.  I have it on good authority that "It's cool that Koala 1 and Grison 1 can share the same exhibit."  Since ES, apparently guests no longer fret when animals are stalked but appreciate the behavior as interesting, which I found to be a welcome improvement.

It's like Grand Central Station in this exhibit!  And everyone is happy.  The zoo is keeping an eye on the peafowl, however, who seem to be more stressed about the presence of carnivores than the koala bears.  They might be moved to a different exhibit later on if they don't settle in.

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2006, 10:31:55 AM »
 Up close with an Eurasian Badger.

A Grison devouring fish from an artificial carcass.  I love their coloring, and how they almost look silver sometimes.

Something definitely caught this badger's eye!

Offline KingCow

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2006, 10:35:50 AM »
looks great!  :wtg

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2006, 10:37:38 AM »
 I'd never really seen a koala run before visiting this exhibit.

Last pic for this exhibit is Koala Jr. here.  When he grew up he kept challenging his Dad, who then wouldn't eat, and had to be released into the wild.

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2006, 06:30:38 PM »
I'm hooked already, Peacenote!!  Fantastic!! :fireworks  :clap

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »
Those exhibits are beautiful peacenote, I will go and download those animals right now ! :D

Offline Howling Shadow Wolf

• Snow Tigers
  • Zookeeper
    • http://
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2006, 11:56:10 PM »
Wow,Dude,Sweet exhibits! Thats a REALLY nice Zoo!!!

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2006, 11:44:38 AM »
:happy I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures.  It's been a fun zoo to make!

The next featured exhibit is to the right of the Spectacled Bear exhibit (As you enter the zoo, I mean.  In this pic it's to the left of the exhibit.).  There is a small ground viewing area, but mostly the best views are from the elevated path.  This exhibit is a large exhibit featuring Giant Pandas, Red Pandas, and Hollock Gibbons.

Here is  shot from the elevated path.  Again you can see the exhibit designers tried to go with natural terrain as there are two large hills in the exhibit.

Now THERE's a happy little group.  Isn't the baby Hollock Gibbon cute?

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2006, 11:50:11 AM »
 The Gibbons are by far having the most babies, but not too long ago the Red Pandas had a little one of their own, and it is very playful!

"I love my exhibit!!"   :lol

When I said we had no baby Giant Pandas, I lied, apparently, because we just captured on film one being born!!!

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2006, 12:35:50 PM »
Giant Pandas are sooo cute in this game!!  Great pics!!  Peacenote, have you noticed if drastic changes in elevation take away from the amount of suitable terrain like in ZT1?  I've kind of avoided make high hills and dtuff, b/c I'm afraid it will decrease the capacity of the exhibit.

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2006, 02:03:22 PM »
Well, Wildlife Enthusiast, that's a tough question to answer because I don't know that it works quite the same way.  But I have wondered about that too, and what I did to try and maximize space is to smooth at least one side of every hill, so that when you assign the zookeeper it shows that the zookeeper is able to go there.  It's the only way I know of of "measuring" terrain in ZT2.  I'm assuming that anywhere a zookeeper can go is suitable terrain for the animals.  However I haven't tried any specific flat terrian/hilly terrain experiments.  Maybe csleesburg would be willing to do some....  just kidding csleesburg!!! ;)  :hehe  :tongue1

Now what Temperate-Biome-Featuring zoo would be compete without the Spanish Lynx?  This is the last Temperate exhibit the zoo is going to have, at least for now, and it is the most recently built exhibit.  It started out as a perfect oval, but had to be expanded to make room for twins!

Here's an overview from a different angle, with the elevated paths made transparent and the trees made invisible.  The exhibit lies forward from the Spectacled Bear exhibit and to the right of the South China Tiger exhibit.  The orange path with leaves is the specific ground viewing area for this exhibit, and is connected by arches to the Tiger ground viewing area.

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2006, 02:09:04 PM »
 One of the inhabitants enjoying a beef shank.  He looks so small compared to the shank, especially when he carries it!

Enjoying the sleeping platform.  This was taken from the elevated path.  What a good view!

A close-up of a standing Lynx.  I thought it was very cute!

Offline Chuumoo

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/chuuspace/
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2006, 02:29:54 PM »
Beautiful zoo! I can never get those lynx's to breed, they're always killing eachother unless they'res only two, (one of each gender) and lots of space :lol

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2006, 03:20:08 PM »
Once again, gorgeous work peacenote!  Im glad you have mastered the elevated paths because I sure haven't!

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Peacenote1 Zoos
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2006, 07:51:37 PM »
However I haven't tried any specific flat terrian/hilly terrain experiments. Maybe csleesburg would be willing to do some.... just kidding csleesburg
Well, sorry to say, I HAVE tried it and zookeepers don't seem to climb very high (like in Alpine). They'll walk up regular hills, but don't climb up to feed animals. They put the food/water on any flat surface they find. And, they seem to ignore any food dishes/troughs that are on any slanted surface, too. And they rarely fill the elevated food dishes (I won't say never, but I've only seen it happen once). They always try to put the food on the ground or in a dish.