Author Topic: TaraM's Wild Habitats and Zoo Exhibits.  (Read 6248 times)

Offline world

• Zookeeper
TaraM's Wild Habitats and Zoo Exhibits.
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 03:43:22 PM »
Woah!!!!Those are some of thge best pics Ive ever seen!!!Some are even better than real-life pics!!(no seriously!!):woot: :woot:

Offline hicoolguy

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 03:44:17 PM »
Now I know this is more of a wishlist post but I was wondering if you could submit your hacked files TaraM so that you could save people the work of going through all of them, or if someone else could do it itd be greatly appreciated. Im just kinda confused on the getting into the files without making them into a zip and if you make them into a zip, what program will let you zip them back up into the format they need to be, I know these are all very basic questions and im sorry if I sound stupid, but I havent really played around with zoo tycoon since zt1 and im now finally messing around with zt2 trying to pick up the little tricks, agian whatever info you can give me is greatly appreciated and thanks agian.

Offline TaraM

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 04:27:33 PM »
Quote from: starstruck_disaster;153277

EDIT: I hope it's alright if I ask you this, but anything between the tags would be unable to be placed on the same tile as the object you're editing, right? Just wanted to clarify. :)

Anything between the DELETE tags is what will be deleted when you place your object down. This is assuming that the other object doesn't have your object listed under PREVENT. you see this in cases like, if you have some grass and you place down a shelter, the grass gets deleted.

PREVENT is exactly what you said. If your flowers have logs listed under PREVENT, then you won't be able to place a log on top of the flowers. You see this in cases like trying to place grass on top of a rock, it tells you "Something is blocking...."

ALLOW is anything that is allowed to be placed on top of your object.

For some crazy reason, you cannot leave any of those tags blank. So you can't do this, because the game will freak out:

I think I have found a way around this. I haven't tested it very much, but this is the code BF used in some objects:

You see how there is no tag that says , but there is a tag that says ?

I've also seen BF do it like this:

I really should do more testing on this, since I'm not sure it does work properly. All I know is, you can't leave them blank.

Quote from: hicoolguy;153301
Now I know this is more of a wishlist post but I was wondering if you could submit your hacked files TaraM so that you could save people the work of going through all of them, or if someone else could do it itd be greatly appreciated. Im just kinda confused on the getting into the files without making them into a zip and if you make them into a zip, what program will let you zip them back up into the format they need to be, I know these are all very basic questions and im sorry if I sound stupid, but I havent really played around with zoo tycoon since zt1 and im now finally messing around with zt2 trying to pick up the little tricks, agian whatever info you can give me is greatly appreciated and thanks agian.

You use WinZip, WinRar, or any other ziping program to open the folders. Then you open the files in Notepad, edit them, and put them back in the folders using your zipping program.

Making downloadable hacks like this is kind of hard, because the files are different depending on which expansion packs you have. For example, I have all the expansion packs, so if I made the hacks, they would only work for people who also have those expansion packs. But I'll look into it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 05:14:58 AM by TaraM »

Offline starstruck_disaster

• Zookeeper
    • http://starstricken-disaste.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 08:34:28 PM »
Ah, thank you for answering :)

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 08:49:16 PM »
Such beautiful photos! Your landscaping is amazing with all the beautiful brightly colored foliage and the animals are posed in great posistions. You really have a talent for photography.

Offline Zooasaurus

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 08:59:59 PM »
Wow, just UNBELIEVABLE!
Those pics are outstanding!

Offline hicoolguy

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2006, 10:41:05 PM »
Thank you Tara you really are a great member of the community.

Offline elefan

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 06:18:36 AM »
Wow! Those are some gorgeous pics:surprise:

Offline veg_wolf971

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/veggiesnow
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2006, 03:59:16 PM »
Wow. :surprise:  Do you have like, a super video card? It must be AMAZING. I mean, my game isn't that great. :crying: I mean, the graphics on yours are sooo amazing! :party5:

Offline starwolfie

• Zookeeper
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2006, 04:17:51 PM »
your photos are so inspiring ......... i bow to you

Offline limpan

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2006, 05:45:28 AM »
:surprise: This is the best pics i have ever seen, so much vegetation, its so beautiful. Great work! :thumbsup:

Offline Packraptor

• Zookeeper
  • Don't make me go Jurassic on your butt!
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2006, 06:09:19 AM »
HOLY MONKEYS ON CHEESE!!!

I can't believe I didn't find this place sooner! Magnificient detail! I am STUNNED!!!

Offline ghost

• Zookeeper
  • i like to skin any 1 want to team up?
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2006, 06:40:09 AM »
nice pics!
i realy need to edit tho's files! and try for my self

Offline Zephyr

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2006, 07:00:12 AM »
Wow!:surprise: Those are incredible!!