Author Topic: Zoo Empire  (Read 14283 times)

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Zoo Empire
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2005, 07:55:23 AM »
When i get Zoo Empire tomorrow, i'll write an in-depth review of it, so people can get an opinion on it, seeing how almost no game websites have reviews for it.

Offline sloomski

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Zoo Empire
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2005, 08:47:51 AM »
it is a good game, no where near as great as ZT, but the game crashes ALOT, especially in the scenerios, i wrote tech support, they replied rather quickly which was nice, i ended up having to splurge and buy a $150 video card, b/c mine wasnt compatible. but the game still crashes on certain scenerios. oh well. 1-10, i'd say 9 for animals, 5 for game.

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Zoo Empire
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2005, 06:30:52 PM »
My copy of Zoo Empire was not shipped, so i had to reoder it, and this time i paid for it to be shipped in two days instead of Five. I am incredibly excited.

Offline pepe_starr

• Affiliates
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • ZTG Admin
    • Zoo Tycoon Gold
Zoo Empire
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2005, 09:44:43 AM »
I thought Zoo Empire looked cartoony! I don't think I will get the game. Is the sky train any good?  :D

Offline Snow_Unicorn

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Empire
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2005, 06:09:26 AM »
I've bought the game and wil try it on my computer as soon as it gets put back together (don't ask)
The screenshots on the back look ok.
please do not discuss illegal copies of the game.  we do not support copies

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Zoo Empire
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2005, 05:35:09 AM »
Did I read something wrong here...I believe the above post states the game was bought. There is nothing illegal when you buy a game. Even if the game is bought from a friend it is still considered a legal copy. A game does not alway have to be bought from a store to be a legal copy.

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Zoo Empire
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2005, 01:47:12 PM »
Uhhhh! Gamestop doesn't have enough copies of Zoo Empire, and i'll have to wait until they get more copies. I just going to scour the stores around me and hope to find it. And Does anyone know when Marine Park Empire will be released?

Offline Paleo Orca

• Scientist
    • http://www.freewebs.com/cetaceantoons
Zoo Empire
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2005, 01:54:15 PM »
on gamespot it says this month :blink

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Zoo Empire
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2005, 04:40:26 PM »
Woohoo! if i find it, i'm definately going to buy it. And i will tell you guys what store i findit in, so that you cantry to find it if that store is in your town.

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Zoo Empire
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2005, 04:59:31 PM »
Marine Park Empire comes this month on the 24 according to gamespot. I can't wait til it comes out I want to get it cuase there will be 28 aquatic animals and I gues there adding the orignal zoo empire animals to the list giving us 60 animals!!! :w00t

Edit: It was supposed to come out on the 24 but now Gamespot just says this year. It could be a while til it comes out.

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
Zoo Empire
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2005, 10:01:39 PM »
Originally posted by Yellowrose@Jul 17 2005, 08:35 AM
There is nothing illegal when you buy a game. Even if the game is bought from a friend it is still considered a legal copy. A game does not alway have to be bought from a store to be a legal copy.
So, yellowrose would it be ok if, having bought the game from a store, sold the game to a friend, provided I did not sell for more than what I myself paid?

I'm curious, because in all honesty I am not impressed at all by Zoo Empire. I bought it and gave it a shot..and while there are parts of it I do like and wish the ZT games employed, overall I didn't like it. I did find the graphics to be more than a little cartoony and in a sense seemed to be geared more towards children. I don't mean to imply that someone who likes the game is a child or childish...I just thought the makers didn't think adults might be playing the game and so over simplified some things.
Mostly though, I was REALLY bothered by how it "moved"... that is, how you moved around the game and how it scrolled on my computer. Maybe it was my computer, although I tinkered with various settings and I still didn't like it any better. So, that's that.

I really don't plan on playing it at all since the negatives (mostly the horrible screen movement) outweighed the positives for me...so I was going to say if anyone here wanted it they could buy it from me... but I don't want to do anything I ought not to.

I did like the "Career" path idea though... that was interesting... that would be a neat idea for Blue Fang to integrate into the ZT games.

I did just get the Wildlife Park Gold game though and I am looking forward to trying that...it looks better than ZE did on the cover as far as graphics, so that's a good sign...and you can hire vets and trainers and more types of employees which looks intriguing, but I guess that's for a different thread   ;)

Offline Ramin_Raptor

• Zookeeper
Zoo Empire
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2005, 01:10:32 PM »
The only down fall i see would be the privacy and the fact that the water is so weird. I'ave ha the game for monthes and i still never get use to have too dig huge holes for water when I have exhibts on higher ground

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Zoo Empire
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2005, 09:49:10 PM »
Upon my opinion, Zoo Empire is OK. But I still like ZT2 better. I just like animals that aren't completely realistic, but animals that are realistic in a sort of cartoonish way.

Fox

Zoo Empire
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2005, 08:09:41 AM »
How many animals are there on Zoo empire? are they any good??

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Zoo Empire
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2005, 08:24:57 AM »
well if you lok back onto the first page you can see a list of the animals.

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Zoo Empire
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2005, 05:16:21 AM »
Ugggh. Has anyone looked at the food court picture in the first link? The people are...:blink
Wel ZT2 isn't much better I suppose.

Offline belleh

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Empire
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2005, 03:38:07 PM »
:angry Just because the people and buildings look bad doesn't mean the game is bad. It's my favorite game

Offline belleh

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Empire
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2005, 03:40:01 PM »
I think marine park empire is already out

Gorilla_man_ape

Zoo Empire
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2005, 07:38:55 PM »
Me and my dad thought it was just a really bad rip off

Offline Zoo Animal

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/zootycoonjungle/index.htm
Zoo Empire
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2005, 07:54:46 PM »
my school sells it EVERY year in the book fair i only get zoo tycoons so i pass it up

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Zoo Empire
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2005, 02:30:59 AM »
Originally posted by Gorilla_man_ape@Nov 8 2005, 03:38 AM
Me and my dad thought it was just a really bad rip off
bad rip off of what - cant be bad rip off of zoo tycoon 2 as it came out before zt2 so zoo tycoon 2 is a rip off of it :rofl.

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Zoo Empire
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2005, 07:13:51 AM »
I played it at my friend's.... The elephants look a bit  :sick .... and it's very hard to control !!! :angry

It's a bit like a 3D rip off of ZT1, yeah ... They even made a Marine Mania (Marine Park empire) !!!!

ATL

Zoo Empire
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2005, 10:20:11 AM »
I amk with u Kiwiw that what makes zt2 so fun is the cartoonish animals

Offline Spyder

• Zookeeper
Zoo Empire
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2005, 11:02:33 AM »
RND - But ZE is a rip off of ZT1 - just in 3D!  :lol

Offline ChimpsandOrangutanz

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Empire
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2005, 11:36:32 AM »
have you ever been really close to a crocodile in ZT2? The graphics are amazing.