Author Topic: Five Star Sensation  (Read 4166 times)

MMAUK

Five Star Sensation
« on: December 10, 2005, 04:09:24 AM »
Anyone managed to complete this scenario? Could do with some help.  :( Managed to get to 4 1/2 stars then no further. Is there a beteer mix of animals or layout?

Had in my zoo; bison, caribou, penguins, peacocks,elephant, great sable, koalas, tapirs, ibex and mixed scrub exhibit: kangaroos, giant tortoise, gemsbock - mixed desert exhibit and mixed svaah exhibit.

Any ideas - suggestions greatfully recieved! :D

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 08:47:40 AM »
Gosh, MMAUX, you're going to get hundreds of suggestions! Seriously, you are :lol There are any number of ways to win this scenario, but if you're just interested in the 'result' (the breeding center) rather than actually doing it yourself, you can find the ZA Downloads section hack here. RND (one of our administrators) posted them a while back.
Good luck!  :rolleyes

p.s.: I was at 4 1/2 stars for the LONGEST time, too. I think how I finally won was to put a sky tram tour in. (I think).

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 11:13:06 AM »
yes you also need the more expensive animals - and to release animals into the wild and have all your animals happy and in very sitbable exhibits (which means adding more rocks and plants once they become available as you get more fame).

Offline kryten

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 02:15:43 PM »
Grouping suitable biomes together and using educators helped me, had a bit of a change around and the 5th star came along quickly

ilovenickle

Five Star Sensation
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 03:16:43 PM »
I was stuck at 4 1/2 stars for three zoo years.  I had built my zoo using no non-endangered species since March, Year 1, and I thought i had done pretty good, buying that many animals within two years.  But in year five, I had still not won.  I bought many cheap animals, such as gazelles and ostrich, to put in the exhibit with my sable antelope and my elephant.  My fame went up after buying just around five more species.

I quickly released those species to the wild, and my fame didn't have time to go down due to the loss of species.  The prompt appeared saying I'd won.

Offline kryten

• Pooper Scooper
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 03:21:33 PM »
Make sure you use the fame page, which shows how much you are contributing to each area that calculates fame.

From here you can work out if you need more species, more animale volume-wise or if educational habitats are required.  usually a good point to work from

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 03:25:23 PM »
Originally posted by kryten@Dec 13 2005, 06:21 PM
Make sure you use the fame page, which shows how much you are contributing to each area that calculates fame.

From here you can work out if you need more species, more animale volume-wise or if educational habitats are required.  usually a good point to work from
Oh - GOOD point, Kryten! :cool  I had forgotten about that! That DOES help a lot.

Offline puff_cake

• Pooper Scooper
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 06:17:25 PM »
When does this scenario end, cos it got to the second year and i only had 4 stars but it didn't say failed or anything.

Offline Cabelle

• Pooper Scooper
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 07:30:24 PM »
I could be mistaken because I just got ZT2 a couple days ago but it looked to me that the senarios do not have a time limit like many of the scenarios in ZT1. You should have unlimited time to reach 5 stars.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 08:16:32 PM »
Yep, you sure do, Cabelle - all the time in the WORLD! hah :lol puff_cake, you need to search the posts for hints on this scenario. It's not impossible, just requires some thinking. There are LOTS of hints under Scenarios.

Nice to meet you, by the way, Cabelle. I see this is your first post, so make sure and go over to Introductions and 'meet the gang'! :happy

Offline Cabelle

• Pooper Scooper
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 09:51:15 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome csleesburg. I've been a long time lurker and thought I should start joining the fun. :cool

Offline puff_cake

• Pooper Scooper
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 04:51:10 PM »
But it said that i had until jan 1st of year 2 :-/

Offline Cabelle

• Pooper Scooper
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 12:40:54 PM »
Sorry puff_cake, I got my 5 star scenarios mixed up.  :blush At first I thought you meant the one that needed to be a 5 star zoo with just endangered species. That one has an unlimited time to complete. I think the one you're asking about is the third scenario for the Transportation Scenario. It does have the time limit of having to reach 5 stars before the second year. I briefly looked at it but haven't started it yet. I'm seriously considering using the money cheat for that one. (have to live by a budget in real life so I like to live a little when I can ;) ) With a large budget to start out with it shouldn't be too hard to reach. A good variety of animals in mixed exhibits, set plenty of the lower popularity animals "free to the wild" and replace with more popular animals, sky or jeep tour (or both if so inclined) with plently of interesting tour objects, variety of stuff for the guests to eat, buy, and do (statues and playground stuff) should make this scenario possible to win.  :D

Offline barbw427

• Pooper Scooper
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 10:03:31 AM »
:crazy
I need some help on this one, too.  How do I get my jeep tour up to 4 stars?  I have added every tour object available to me and the tour goes through many animal exhibits. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Offline Spider Monkey

• Pooper Scooper
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 11:55:09 AM »
My jeep tour fame went up when animals along the tour started having young.  Also, do you have a variety of biomes?  And did you know you can click on the tour building and click on the comments box? - you'll see some very specific comments from guests like "this tour would be better with a tundra biome".  Seeing the guest comments really helped me.  good luck!

Offline misskerry

• Pooper Scooper
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 06:59:24 AM »
Originally posted by puff_cake@Dec 30 2005, 06:51 PM
But it said that i had until jan 1st of year 2 :-/
I just finished this one and I was at 4 1/2 stars at Jan 1st year 2, figured I'd lost...kept going anyway and luckily, 27 'zoo days' later I hit the 5 stars and I won the challenge...  so... I'm thinking that they must give you till the end of Jan year 2.  Hint: I had lots of money and just started buying single animals and putting them in existing exhibits of the same biome.  also, I saved my game around August in case of a failed challenge I could go back and restart in August.  didn't need to though  ;)

Offline mikek21

• Pooper Scooper
Five Star Sensation
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »
sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I am having trouble with this scenario. I got my four star tour rating in plenty of time, but I did not get to a 5 star zoo rating by January 1rst of year two.

I have since made it to a 5 star zoo rating (and keeping it at 5 stars) but well past January 1rst of year two, so it will not ( I guess ) let me win the scenario.

How can I replay this scenario? Do I have to delete the 5 Star Sensation Zoo from my saved games folder? If I do that, will it let me play the scenario again?

With the tips I read here, and some of my own ideas, I think I have a better strategy for winning and would like to try again.