Author Topic: Planetkitty Scenarios And Cats  (Read 5688 times)

phoenix767

Planetkitty Scenarios And Cats
« on: January 28, 2005, 11:10:37 AM »
I've been trying to get all the cats for PKs scenerios and everytime I download certain cats I encounter problems.  They download fine, but when I go to open them winzip encounters problems.  It says that the file is ???? and should be ????.  So it can't open it and I don't get the cats.  I tried on another computer and the same thing only this time it said that the file had extra info attached to it and did I want to proceed.  Yes, couldn't open any of them.  Here's the list of cats that I'm having a problem with.  European Wildcat, fishing cat, flat headed cat,african golden cat, asiatic golden cat, black footed, cat pampas cat, kellas cat, jungle cat(says update on the download page), javan tiger, indo chinese tiger, homotherium, golden tiger, geoffroy cat. I know it's a lot but hopefully someone can fix them or tell me what I'm doing wrong.  This is the first time I've had a problem getting things to download from ZA.  I hope someone email's me an answer, or posts a follow up to this.  Thank you soooo much!!!

Phoenix767

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 06:45:04 PM »
Hi there Phoenix.  I just checked a couple of the files, and those seem to be okay.  Have not had any other reports of problems with them, so I will try to give some general help.  First, make sure the file extension for each of them is listed as .ztd

If it is listed as .zip, you will need to open the zip file, take out the .ztd and put it into the appropriate update folder.  The other thing to try is to make sure that you haven't unzipped the file too far.  This can sometimes happen if you extract twice, once on the .zip then again on the .ztd.  Other than that, I will check a couple of the animals when I get back tonight.  Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 12:03:37 AM »
I just tested the Pampas cat and that worked fine.

Just wondering - if you are using a download manager program you may need to close that before downloading.  Have you added any other things like Windows SP2 or anything else with security that might cause this.

Have you tried to download soemthing other than planetkittys files from here to see if still same problem?

Offline micandra

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 03:49:29 PM »
I know some of her cat dls, when I go to unzip them, I'm told "does not appear to be a zip archive' o 'not a valid archive. That happen with the Europen Lynx.

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 09:49:52 PM »
phoenix, I checked a couple more and didn't find any with problems.  Are you still having issues?

And micandra, I do not show a European Lynx by planetkitty.  The only one I show is from Gazza, but I checked it as well.  If you're on dial-up, the file is not coming through.  Try reloading it again.

phoenix767

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 09:09:07 AM »
I will try all of your suggestions, and see if I have any luck.  This will be the 4th time I've downloaded them.  Winzip keeps saying that the file is damaged or invalid.  Let me ask this---  I only have internet access at school--where I downloaded them to a cd.  Then I go home and try to unzip them on my computer.  I've downloaded a lot of things from ZA and this is the first time I've encountered problems with the download.  Could it be that the one computer downloads it different than the one I want to use it on?  Maybe the computers aren't compatable and thats why these particular files get errors.  Just guessing though.  They are both Win XP, I don't know about SP1 or 2.  Thanks for all your feedback.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 03:18:31 PM »
The different computers should not make a difference. I have a P3 and a P4 both with burners and have no problems with accessing files on cd's no matter which system I use. The files could be getting corrupted during the download process. This has happened to me a few times.also the speed of the connection could be a factor if it a dialup connection which takes longer than broadband. Also some of the files are not zip files just to check try just renaming the problem zip files with the ztd extension ( filename.zip change to filename.ztd) and try them in your game to see if maybe that is why winzip is giving the messege. If this is not the case then I''m stumped.I'd say just try to get them again or ask at school what might be causing the problem with the files, I'm sure someone there could help out.

Yellowrose

Tappy

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 02:54:11 AM »
Also check to see if what you have downloaded is the size your download file is meant to be. I use dial up and have found that sometimes when trying to download a file that is meant to be 1MB, it only downloads say 700KB, yet I am told the download is complete and of course this creates problems because it is not the complete file. I know you are using a school computer but try getting a download manager, since I got one I have not had this problem with incomplete files. Hope this helps. :)

phoenix767

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 11:10:37 AM »
I've been trying to get all the cats for PKs scenerios and everytime I download certain cats I encounter problems.  They download fine, but when I go to open them winzip encounters problems.  It says that the file is ???? and should be ????.  So it can't open it and I don't get the cats.  I tried on another computer and the same thing only this time it said that the file had extra info attached to it and did I want to proceed.  Yes, couldn't open any of them.  Here's the list of cats that I'm having a problem with.  European Wildcat, fishing cat, flat headed cat,african golden cat, asiatic golden cat, black footed, cat pampas cat, kellas cat, jungle cat(says update on the download page), javan tiger, indo chinese tiger, homotherium, golden tiger, geoffroy cat. I know it's a lot but hopefully someone can fix them or tell me what I'm doing wrong.  This is the first time I've had a problem getting things to download from ZA.  I hope someone email's me an answer, or posts a follow up to this.  Thank you soooo much!!!

Phoenix767

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 06:45:04 PM »
Hi there Phoenix.  I just checked a couple of the files, and those seem to be okay.  Have not had any other reports of problems with them, so I will try to give some general help.  First, make sure the file extension for each of them is listed as .ztd

If it is listed as .zip, you will need to open the zip file, take out the .ztd and put it into the appropriate update folder.  The other thing to try is to make sure that you haven't unzipped the file too far.  This can sometimes happen if you extract twice, once on the .zip then again on the .ztd.  Other than that, I will check a couple of the animals when I get back tonight.  Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 12:03:37 AM »
I just tested the Pampas cat and that worked fine.

Just wondering - if you are using a download manager program you may need to close that before downloading.  Have you added any other things like Windows SP2 or anything else with security that might cause this.

Have you tried to download soemthing other than planetkittys files from here to see if still same problem?

Offline micandra

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 03:49:29 PM »
I know some of her cat dls, when I go to unzip them, I'm told "does not appear to be a zip archive' o 'not a valid archive. That happen with the Europen Lynx.

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2005, 09:49:52 PM »
phoenix, I checked a couple more and didn't find any with problems.  Are you still having issues?

And micandra, I do not show a European Lynx by planetkitty.  The only one I show is from Gazza, but I checked it as well.  If you're on dial-up, the file is not coming through.  Try reloading it again.

phoenix767

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 09:09:07 AM »
I will try all of your suggestions, and see if I have any luck.  This will be the 4th time I've downloaded them.  Winzip keeps saying that the file is damaged or invalid.  Let me ask this---  I only have internet access at school--where I downloaded them to a cd.  Then I go home and try to unzip them on my computer.  I've downloaded a lot of things from ZA and this is the first time I've encountered problems with the download.  Could it be that the one computer downloads it different than the one I want to use it on?  Maybe the computers aren't compatable and thats why these particular files get errors.  Just guessing though.  They are both Win XP, I don't know about SP1 or 2.  Thanks for all your feedback.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 03:18:31 PM »
The different computers should not make a difference. I have a P3 and a P4 both with burners and have no problems with accessing files on cd's no matter which system I use. The files could be getting corrupted during the download process. This has happened to me a few times.also the speed of the connection could be a factor if it a dialup connection which takes longer than broadband. Also some of the files are not zip files just to check try just renaming the problem zip files with the ztd extension ( filename.zip change to filename.ztd) and try them in your game to see if maybe that is why winzip is giving the messege. If this is not the case then I''m stumped.I'd say just try to get them again or ask at school what might be causing the problem with the files, I'm sure someone there could help out.

Yellowrose

Tappy

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 02:54:11 AM »
Also check to see if what you have downloaded is the size your download file is meant to be. I use dial up and have found that sometimes when trying to download a file that is meant to be 1MB, it only downloads say 700KB, yet I am told the download is complete and of course this creates problems because it is not the complete file. I know you are using a school computer but try getting a download manager, since I got one I have not had this problem with incomplete files. Hope this helps. :)

Offline April_Fool_79

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2006, 04:59:07 PM »
I've downloaded the scenarios, and the list of cats needed from the read me files, and I can't get the African Golden Cat (it says the file is not available or does not exist when I click on the download link) and the South China Tiger isn't in the list.  All the other ones I have downloaded and in my game with no problems.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 11:39:46 PM »
the south china tiger is not actually one of PK you need to use this one http://zoo.ogresnet.com/downloads/db/?mod=290
  and as for the african cat it is there you must of had a computer glitch or something as i checked and it definately exists and is downloadoable

Offline April_Fool_79

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 09:31:15 AM »
OK, I figured it out.  For some reason, either it doesn't like Firefox or Firefox doesn't like the cat.  :)  I tried it through IE and it worked fine.  Thanks.  :)