Author Topic: Return To Dinosaur Island  (Read 5426 times)

jaylee

Return To Dinosaur Island
« on: February 23, 2005, 10:26:46 PM »
All right, again I resort to this forum for help... :D
I'm currently doing the Very Advanced Return to Dinosaur Island scenerio, it is March of year 3, and I'm getting worried because I need to get my zoo rating up to 85 and my guest happiness to 90...and they are currently at 80 and 88, respectively. I finally finished getting all 12 exhibits put up and was able to put up some animal houses. I got a bunch of extras up and the guest happiness went from 70 to 88, and I have seemed to hit a ceiling.
   Animal happiness ranges from 96--98.
   And my dino resteraunt doesn't seem to work...the guests don't go in it. Is it a bug or am I missing a basic setup technique?

gysca

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 05:03:28 PM »
is there a dinosaur restaurant? I think it is a dinosaur theater, not a restaurant. you might want to check the walking path, you might miss a tile or probably there's something in a way. uhm... it is a very advanced scenario, so you don't have to feel so bad of not being able to complete the scenario at 1st shot. probably the layout of the zoo is not "fun" for the guests? or you put things too far away from each other? how many restaurants you have and how many guests are in the zoo currently? animal houses are not always helping, put some kid toys (the swing, dino slide, and the boinky ride-on dino toy) and scatter them, if there are more kids than adult, those toys will help to bump up guest happiness rating.

I hope there will be more people to give you more input. good luck! :)

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 11:31:45 PM »
if you look in the atricles section here you can get some hints and tips about improving guest happiness and zoo rating

Offline Spiderghost

• Honoriam Emeritus-Zoolander Forever!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 11:39:14 PM »
My theory for getting animal happiness is "Give them what they want" amd the peeps want to see animals or dinosaurs. Don't make area where peeps can't get access to animals. Food courts, restaurants etc. are good but always make sure there are animals nearby. The highest attractiveness draws are the animals.

jaylee

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 08:07:31 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions...

Now my only problem is the Zoo Rating. The guests are happy, the animals are happy, I've added plenty of ascestic features such as fountains and rides and etc. and my zoo rating stays stubbornly in the 79/80 range. Any ideas?

jaylee

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 01:34:37 PM »
I FINALLY won--by the provibial skin of my teef. I ended up adding regular Zoo Tycoon animals to my dinosaurs and putting a lot more ornamental stuff around the place...now I can stop sweating.
And on to the T Rex scenerio!!! (trumpets blare) :D

jaylee

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 10:26:46 PM »
All right, again I resort to this forum for help... :D
I'm currently doing the Very Advanced Return to Dinosaur Island scenerio, it is March of year 3, and I'm getting worried because I need to get my zoo rating up to 85 and my guest happiness to 90...and they are currently at 80 and 88, respectively. I finally finished getting all 12 exhibits put up and was able to put up some animal houses. I got a bunch of extras up and the guest happiness went from 70 to 88, and I have seemed to hit a ceiling.
   Animal happiness ranges from 96--98.
   And my dino resteraunt doesn't seem to work...the guests don't go in it. Is it a bug or am I missing a basic setup technique?

gysca

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 05:03:28 PM »
is there a dinosaur restaurant? I think it is a dinosaur theater, not a restaurant. you might want to check the walking path, you might miss a tile or probably there's something in a way. uhm... it is a very advanced scenario, so you don't have to feel so bad of not being able to complete the scenario at 1st shot. probably the layout of the zoo is not "fun" for the guests? or you put things too far away from each other? how many restaurants you have and how many guests are in the zoo currently? animal houses are not always helping, put some kid toys (the swing, dino slide, and the boinky ride-on dino toy) and scatter them, if there are more kids than adult, those toys will help to bump up guest happiness rating.

I hope there will be more people to give you more input. good luck! :)

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 11:31:45 PM »
if you look in the atricles section here you can get some hints and tips about improving guest happiness and zoo rating

Offline Spiderghost

• Honoriam Emeritus-Zoolander Forever!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2005, 11:39:14 PM »
My theory for getting animal happiness is "Give them what they want" amd the peeps want to see animals or dinosaurs. Don't make area where peeps can't get access to animals. Food courts, restaurants etc. are good but always make sure there are animals nearby. The highest attractiveness draws are the animals.

jaylee

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 08:07:31 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions...

Now my only problem is the Zoo Rating. The guests are happy, the animals are happy, I've added plenty of ascestic features such as fountains and rides and etc. and my zoo rating stays stubbornly in the 79/80 range. Any ideas?

jaylee

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 01:34:37 PM »
I FINALLY won--by the provibial skin of my teef. I ended up adding regular Zoo Tycoon animals to my dinosaurs and putting a lot more ornamental stuff around the place...now I can stop sweating.
And on to the T Rex scenerio!!! (trumpets blare) :D

Offline Bluememaw

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 10:36:48 AM »
I've been on the forum reading the suggestions for this scenario hoping to find an answer to my problem, but so far, no luck.

I am making a second attempt with this scenario.  I've had a constant problem with maintainence personnel.  When hired they stand in the spot where I placed them and look around.  In the first attempt I hired and fired 16 of them.  In the second attempt out of eight, one finally moved to the trash can and emptied it.  Even this one won't repair fences.

To top this off, my screen went black and an MSN error message popped up.

I guess I should have said that I am an experienced zoo builder and scenario completor.  I've never had these problems before.  I've checked all the usual "things that make ZT go bump in the night."  Bah, bug and hum.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 11:33:08 AM »
The biggest cause of crashes is related to user downloads. Do you have one that may be conflicting? If all else fails you could do a reinstall after running the registry cleaner. Make sure you save the zoo.ini file so you don't lose your scenerio progress as well as other folders like saved games and dlupdates for your downloads.

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 12:47:06 PM »
It's weird that the error coming up is an MSN error - could there be another program in the background interfering with it?

Offline Bluememaw

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 11:17:59 AM »
Thank you.  I opened the game to see if I would be kicked out again.  However, it opened just fine.  I was able to complete the scenario...winning of course.  I have no clue what could have caused this problem.  I think it must have been a bad hair day for my computer.   :cool