Author Topic: So how do you like the new site?  (Read 13696 times)

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
Re: So how do you like the new site?
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2007, 03:43:53 PM »
I'm glad its back up, but I still can't change snakeys colors in my sig... it doesnt display all the writing, And I would like to change him from christmas to easter colors  ;)

Offline seaworldgurl1

• Zookeeper
  • dive in
    • Pilialoha
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2007, 02:58:33 PM »
I have a question. If you choose the option to stay logged in forever, are you still listed in the members on-line list even if you're not on the website?

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2007, 05:55:38 PM »
I don't believe so seaworldgurl - it will only save you from having to log in each and every time you visit the site.

Offline seaworldgurl1

• Zookeeper
  • dive in
    • Pilialoha
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
Ok. thanks. Thats what I thought, I just wasnt sure.

Offline happyholly

• Pooper Scooper
    • an alternative view
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2007, 05:00:18 AM »
Sorry to be a complete pain in the neck, but could I please ask this question again?!  :blush: Before the site went down, Yellowrose said we could amend the colour/style that we view by going into look and layout. But this is what I have when I go in there.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/happyholly38/untitled-1.jpg

Am I looking in the wrong place? I know the site has been tweaked a bit, and I just thought maybe we can't do this now....

Thanks!

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2007, 07:40:28 AM »
Sorry that was when the site was on the old server. The look and layout now is the forum default. You can not choose any other theme for a look as it causes errors to the boards.

The forum software itself comes with limited functions and to add extra functions for both members and for staff we have to add mods or alterations. These alterations alter code in the files that make the site run.

These alterations are only made to the default files not all the other theme files. So for everyone to be able to have the functions that have been added we have to stay with the default theme.

Offline happyholly

• Pooper Scooper
    • an alternative view
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2007, 08:56:06 AM »
That's fine, Yellowrose. Thanks for the explanation.  :ty1:

Offline LionKing

• Pooper Scooper
  • THE KING OF THE JUNGLE
SOMETHING LIKE NO OTHER
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2007, 09:45:32 PM »
I think to make this site even better is to let each other get to know each other by talking right.

So I was thinking if it was possible that the makers of this website could add a program like msn messenger or yahoo messenger. So people just log in like usual and then they could click the messenger and then a chat room appears up and they could talk to other people live about stuff and get to know each other more.

I was just thinking about that while eating breakfast so I don't know if its possible or nessasary.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2007, 10:32:05 PM »
I have merged your suggestion with an area everyone is already using to talk about the new site, suggestions, etc.

The problem with having live based chat is that it would make it much harder for us to keep it family safe. Whereas with forum posts we can delete or edit bad posting quickly, we would not be able to with live chat. This would make it difficult to tell parents that their children are safe browsing our forums with this feature. We have members as young as 3 here and wouldn't want them exposed to a few bad eggs or have a parent upset with us.

Offline LionKing

• Pooper Scooper
  • THE KING OF THE JUNGLE
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »
Ya I thought about that, ya I tottaly agree with you. Amazingly there are kids as small as 3 that love this site and  if we did have chat you never know when someones not thinking right and posts something stupid.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2007, 03:43:24 PM »
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 03:46:55 PM by Yellowrose »

Offline LionKing

• Pooper Scooper
  • THE KING OF THE JUNGLE
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2007, 05:27:54 PM »
I think this website should post the Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2 demo's and even allow people to buy the games some how of this website.

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2007, 05:54:13 PM »
What purpose would it serve for ZA to host the demos when they are already free for download at the official ZT site?  Purchasing the games off of ZA would also require a lot of work on the part of the staff because they would have to contact Microsoft about supplying the games and then finding a method for people to buy the games.

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2007, 06:14:12 PM »
i like it has to be a great aniversary present though having to get and set up a new sight
and i mean that sarcastically

no but really the new sight is great

i have a question and a semi request though

are you going to put all the downloads on the old Zoo Admin here on the New One? that would be great

also can you please put an area for each download(ZT2 specifically) saying what expansion packs they need to work or just what expansions each download can run 100% with installed such as say there is a download for a spotted seal can could you put maybee
this download works with AA ES and MM2 please

because i would like to know what downloads will work for me and what ones i should download or remove from game

didnt see the thing about the about uploading downloads to the sight please read before posting

and i am not being pushy or anything in my semi-request if you can do it it can be after all the downloads are uploaded

and also i now realize this post may be in the wrong place but i am not sure
sorry very sorry if it is
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 06:19:06 PM by Tazzie-Tiger99 »

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2007, 06:21:50 PM »
We do not have a vendor liscense to distribute Microsoft products nor do we have any intention of requiring one.

We are in the process right now of getting all of the downloads transferred. In the future please read the front page and stickies, or use the search feature, as this has been stated numerous times.

The staff does not put the descriptions on files, the creator does. In the past it was not required to put which XP the download worked with because most people generally assume that you know that if the animal came with ES, it will work with ES, etc. Basically whatever model that animal is from, you need to have that game in order for it to run. When we are ready to accept download submissions again, it will be required for creators to put this information in.

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2007, 06:27:16 PM »
so will that be for every download or just new ones

i understand about the skin thing though but what about old downloads i want to know if they work for mm2 or AA

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2007, 06:33:35 PM »
Okay. Fennec fox is from ES. So any animal made from it you must have ES to have it work.
Ethopian Wolf is from AA. Any animal made from it will work as long as you have AA.
Orca is from MM2 so you must have MM2 for any animal made from it to work.

In almost all situations the animal will work with the expansion it came with and ALL others after that. The exception is, any animal that was made from a ZT2 original HAS to be updated for ES at a minimum or it won't work. An example is the Liger; it will only work correctly if you have no XPs.

The staff will not be updating the old download descriptions to state this kind of thing as we do not write them and many of the creators have moved on and we would not have the rights to edit the info ourselves.

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2007, 06:45:50 PM »
right gotcha

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2007, 07:21:09 PM »
Tazzie a lot of the designers have updated their ealier files to work with the XPs and most have included what XP is needed but there are some that did not include that information so using Mika's examples will help you if that information is not included.

Like Mika mentioned a lot of the designers have either retired from designing or have moved on to either real life commitments or other interests and the designers we have now would need their permission to alter their original files to make them compatable.

You never know though we have had some old faces returning to the site and maybe some day some of these designers will return and give their permission but until then we just have to be happy with what we can currently use.