Author Topic: Site Downtime - Important Please Read  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Site Downtime - Important Please Read
« on: April 19, 2007, 12:18:14 PM »
The recent suspension and downtime yesterday is a result of this site just being way to big for the current server plan.

We are trying to get issues resolved but wanted to let you all know ZA may go offline for a time. Should this happen I will post messages at the Downloads Directory so you can all be kept updated.

You won't have to register at the DD to read the messages. Hopefully the extra traffic will not cause problems for the DD as well.

We are hoping we have the issue resolved but won't know for sure until much later.

I can't answer a lot of your why questions as a lot of what they are saying is wrong I am still learning to understand myself but will try to keep you updated on our status.

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Re: Site Downtime - Important Please Read
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 09:56:17 PM »
Yellowrose,

Is this why there is no more Gallery, Downloads, Calendar, um and I forget what else along the right side of my screen? I don't see any of that anywhere on the screeen on either side.

Kim

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 10:17:08 PM »
Yes Kim they were what are called add on modifications to the software not part of the original core software and were the largest part of our tech problem that took us offline.

The gallery is still available by clicking on the gallery button at the top of the pages in the menu bar where you can click for Home, Help, Profile etc

NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS

Sorry to say folks the downloads that were availble are now offline for about a week until a new solution is set up and the all the files will be made available at once so staff are not constanly pestered about when.

I will make an announcement here and at all the other sites when the downloads are back.

Please do not post to ask when they are going to be made available we will get this finished as soon as we can as we do have other things like work and school to attend to.

Offline Daxy

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 06:53:00 AM »
Thank for the help!!!   :halo:

:snew:  

KISS

Offline Red-Panda-Freak

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 07:32:02 AM »
is the site still going to be down or just the downloads?

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 10:08:57 AM »

NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS

Sorry to say folks the downloads that were availble are now offline for about a week until a new solution is set up and the all the files will be made available at once so staff are not constanly pestered about when.

I will make an announcement here and at all the other sites when the downloads are back.

Please do not post to ask when they are going to be made available we will get this finished as soon as we can as we do have other things like work and school to attend to.

Although we can't make any real promises, we are doing our best to make sure that we can keep a majority of the site up and running. For now, only the DOWNLOADS are offline...