Author Topic: A Good Program To Recolour Animals?  (Read 2088 times)

Offline horsecrazy

• Pooper Scooper
A Good Program To Recolour Animals?
« on: January 08, 2006, 11:49:14 AM »
where can i find a good program to recolour animals???  And when you recolour, do you have to recolour every frame in every animation??? it would take a long time to do that! :erm
please help!

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 12:40:13 PM »
You can use almost any graphics program but most use MS Paint that comes with Windows.

Quivaz has made a guide for making Zoo Tycoon material that includes recoloring animals it can be found HERE

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 01:37:53 PM »
Also, the 'animations' depend on a literal SKIN. You only have to recolor the skin. Try searching the topics under Tech Support (you didn't say if you had ZT1 or ZT2 or ES) for either 'skin' or 'recolor' for a start.

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 03:10:17 PM »
Originally posted by csleesburg@Jan 8 2006, 10:37 PM
Also, the 'animations' depend on a literal SKIN. You only have to recolor the skin. Try searching the topics under Tech Support (you didn't say if you had ZT1 or ZT2 or ES) for either 'skin' or 'recolor' for a start.
Well dear csleesburg since it's posted under ZT1 support, we must assume it to be for ZT1, also because for ZT2 there aren't really animation frames to be recolored  :P

Offline Aspic Viper

• Zookeeper
    • http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Kalahari/
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 03:54:36 PM »
What program do I need to recolor and resize animals.  Again what program do I need (A.P.E. isn't a program it's a turotorail)  What do I need to get access to the original ZT2 files?  I notice that one of the requied dowloads for A.P.E. is someting callled Direct X, could this be what I need? Sorry if I sound so rude, it really isn't intended. And sorry for my poor spelling.

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 04:33:26 PM »
Aspic Viper: Well this is the wrong topic, this is for ZT1 and from your post I guess you're talking about ZT2, try looking in the ZT2 section under download support or searching for it, there are various topics on this.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 05:55:05 PM »
Originally posted by Doooot+Jan 8 2006, 06:10 PM-->
QUOTE (Doooot @ Jan 8 2006, 06:10 PM)
\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
<' + '/div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t