Author Topic: how do I open .zoo files  (Read 1900 times)

Offline I_27_04

• Pooper Scooper
  • YOu will never have an afro better than mine. haha
how do I open .zoo files
« on: May 20, 2006, 06:01:38 PM »
I know how to properly open and close .ztd files  useing zip format, and I have finaly perfected the process. but now I need to know how to open .zoo files. Plz just dont post somthing like what is a ztd file or what is a zoo file. If you want to know just pm me.:IloveZA: :IloveZA: :IloveZA:

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
how do I open .zoo files
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 09:54:36 PM »
When you download a zipped zoo file they are actually saved game files. Unzip them and place the .zoo file in the saved games folder and open with the Load Saved Game option.

Offline I_27_04

• Pooper Scooper
  • YOu will never have an afro better than mine. haha
how do I open .zoo files
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 06:42:20 PM »
I know how to open saved game, who doesent. but I cant find those blank maps I heard you could edit, so I am trying
to open .zoo files, and change the ai files or whatever file controlls the propertys. but so far the method of opening the regular ztd files does not work with opening .zoo files.

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
how do I open .zoo files
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 08:22:05 PM »
".zoo" files are not like ".ztd" files. They are in a format that only Zoo Tycoon understands. Inside Zoo Admin's downloads database, there is a section for "Maps and Workbenches", including "blank" maps, although they are not totally blank because they have zoo walls. However, the downloads database is still being updated. So that section has not been updated yet. These maps were created using the Map Editor, which is available in the Utilities section of the downloads database.

As Yellowrose said, these maps are actually saved games. So you would have to load them in Zoo Tycoon like you would load any other saved game.