Author Topic: Animal Creation Help  (Read 2418 times)

Offline horse23

• Zookeeper
Animal Creation Help
« on: July 07, 2006, 01:28:15 PM »
Ok. I created an animal out of a penguin but I am having several problems with it.

A) The males and females are different colours, but in the game, they all appear coloured like the male.

B) Whenever I put a male in a suitable exhibht, the male gets taken away due to "poor treatment", even if the exhibht is 100% siutable.

C) As a result, they dont produce babies, and I can't test the baby colour (as noted above; the babies are different colours then males and females).

D) When I adopt a new one, a red unhappy face appears

If anyone can help me with this, please post. Thanks. : :( :

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
Animal Creation Help
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 04:16:03 PM »
There is a UCA editing guide at Zookeepers Lounge http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/index.php?showtopic=116
This will help with some things.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 04:18:51 PM by fern »

Offline horse23

• Zookeeper
Animal Creation Help
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:17:06 PM »
Whats the UCA file and how do access it?

Offline monkey08

• Pooper Scooper
?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 12:32:55 PM »
How do u create new animals or change there colors?

Offline horse23

• Zookeeper
Animal Creation Help
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 09:22:56 AM »
Quote from: monkey08
How do u create new animals or change there colors?

You download APE from utiliteis in ZT1 downloads, you open an existing animal and start messing w/ it.

I don't know how to do a recolour.

Offline dinomaster30

• Zookeeper
Animal Creation Help
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 02:34:26 PM »
how do you change a animals apperance. like changeing a animal into a pterradactayl

Offline horse23

• Zookeeper
Animal Creation Help
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 04:31:51 PM »
You have to redraw all of the pics and animate them. It takes a long time.

Can anyone tell me what the UCA file is and how to access it?

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Animal Creation Help
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 09:35:48 PM »
Things for Zoo Tycoon have files that describe how the thing is to be used by Zoo Tycoon. For user created scenery, the file name will end with ".ucs". For user created animals, the file name will end with ".uca". In both cases, the file will be inside the ".ztd". In both cases, APE usually does not make an efficient/consistent one and editing can be done on it to improve it. This is especially true for ".uca" files. You would use whatever unzipping program you have to extract the ".uca" or ".ucs" file out of the ".ztd". Then you can use any text editing program such as NotePad to edit the file. After editing, you would use a zipping program to put the file back into the ".ztd".

Offline horse23

• Zookeeper
Animal Creation Help
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 08:53:50 AM »
How do you use the zip program to extract the file? (Sorry about all these questions; I don't want to kill the comp in the process. It has enough problems already)

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Animal Creation Help
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 07:18:37 PM »
There are a lot of different zip programs. There are also a lot of methods to work with ".ztd" files. So I cannot give specific instructions. The "Combining Ztd Files" topic at ZKL describes some methods: http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/index.php?showtopic=846