Author Topic: Baby Animals From Egg  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://
Baby Animals From Egg
« on: August 03, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »
Ok i tried something, works a bit but then not quite.

I made an animation og an egg hatching and out comes a bird, the kiwi, but as I though the eggs hatches again and again, and I put the lowest on the baby to adult time (500), but still not enough. I used the flamingofile for it, but made it from scratch, but when the egg hatches it turns into a flamingo  :lol: kiwis making flamingos ;), although I deleted everything in APE about the flamingo, but maybe there is something more I have to delete?

Is it something with the flamingo.pal? Also I don't want the egg to move, only made one animation and then hoped it would then become an adult and use the animations for that. Does anyone have any hints on what to do, now that I have been swearing a lot about this kiwi and used quite some time to get the hang off APE and ucaediting - and learnt a lot, so that's always something.

Hope you can help, thanks

Offline Zoo_Master

• Zookeeper
Baby Animals From Egg
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 02:58:57 PM »
I would make sure you don't have any flamingo animations in with the egg.

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
Baby Animals From Egg
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 03:04:36 PM »
yes i deleted all those in APE, at least I can't find them, deleted all directions and every animation, but something else is doing it...

Offline Zoo_Master

• Zookeeper
Baby Animals From Egg
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 03:28:27 PM »
It's entirely possible the game still recognizes the animal as being a flamingo.  I don't know how though.  But everyone has this problem.  If you have the rat snake the eggs turn into buffalo.  But they will become snakes soon.  The same should be true for the Kiwi.

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
Baby Animals From Egg
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 02:43:04 AM »
To bad...I looked at some of the dinosaurs, but there isn't any animation of an egg, as in zoo tycoon, so they must have made it some other way.

Is there any way to get the baby to adult time lower then 500? Don't seem to find it in the ucafile either.

Komodo_342

Baby Animals From Egg
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 04:07:49 PM »
There seem to be a lot of problems an contreversies about eggs. One person made a very in-depth comment about it on one of the forums. I personally have not tried to make an egg, but the most I can guess that the problem lies somewhere in the behavior settings. Possibly you have a behavior that requests the animation of a flamingo. If so, and you can find it, replace it with a kiwi. I hope that helps, I'm not quite sure what the problem is as i have never made and egg before.

*note: I'm pretty sure that if the behaviors and behavior sets request for an animation that the animation will be used wheter or not it's located in the animal's data. I think it finds it in the zoo tycon archives. I suggest starting all the behaviors from scratch; that is the only sure way to make them free of errors like this. again this is an estimate- I haven't much experience with eggs and if I'm wrong, please correct me.