Author Topic: Game Resources  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Hunt7s

• Pooper Scooper
Game Resources
« on: October 18, 2006, 12:55:59 PM »
Hi,
Let me introduce myself, I am Hunt7s, or The Director to many, i am here to ask a faver from your community. :innocent:

Basicly i have purchased the ZT Compelte package disks, and have been trying to extract a few of the image sets for use in a Comand & Conqure Red Alert 2 modification i have been making for 4years. I however ave not been able to extract the images i require. I have tried both Zoot and APE to retreve them so if any one can help it would be much aprecated.

What i need are all the images for the following animanls... (please :unsure: )

Great White Shark (Priority)
Killer Whale
Lion (male)
Bengal Tiger
Gorrila, (male)
Chimp
Penguine
Polar Bear

others, that i dont think are in but people might have made them..

Cow
Horse
Sheep
Pig

Thankyou in advance :thumbsup:

I hope you can help..

http://www.cnc.2ya.com (if any one wanted to see what we are doing.)

Offline flamethrower

• Game Warden
    • http://www.pftq.com
Game Resources
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 05:32:52 PM »
Have you been able to use ZOOT to convert other images? ZOOT should be capable of extracting all images in the game.

Offline Hunt7s

• Pooper Scooper
Game Resources
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 01:32:06 AM »
Hi

No i have not been able to use zoot, (0.9b). I have installed the java runtimes (sun) and this has not aided in any way.

What i get is the Zoot program up, i have alredy extracted the entire animal folder forom the Marine mania, Dino, and Clasic files and put them all in one folder for me to go through. I browse to that folder with zoot, and it shows me all the files that i have extracted. I can view the txt based files, but when i click on one of the ZT image files (those files without extensions, with a deep gray icon.),i just get a blank box on the right, and the image save/ edit buttons stay grayed out.

Any help on how to extract other than zoot and APE would be brill (i like been independant.: :P : :thumbsup: )

Thanks

Offline flamethrower

• Game Warden
    • http://www.pftq.com
Game Resources
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 09:03:20 PM »
Are you sure you are selecting the image files?

They should be named NE, NW, SE, or SW and do not (at least on my computer) have a gray icon.

Offline Hunt7s

• Pooper Scooper
Game Resources
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 05:46:18 AM »
Yes i am sure that i am selecting the pictures.
Neither the Y or the M directories images are comming up. Even tried a user made one from the downloads section.
I have Tried all angles, and none of them come up.
As soon as i am at home, i will give you a screen shot of what is happening...
I have tried to get Zoot working with many different versions of the Java Runtime and this doesnt make any difference, been trying for about 5days... :crying:

So i am getting rather :hmmm: about this, and getting more and more :angry:

Offline Hunt7s

• Pooper Scooper
Game Resources
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 12:19:56 PM »
ok peeps, this is what i get when i try to do it myself...

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Game Resources
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 10:56:14 PM »
When I want to get the E view of the male lion's eat animation, I create a "ztanimals" folder in my zoot folder. Then I extract animals.ztd into the "ztanimals" folder. I start ZOOT. If it does not ask me which project I want to work on (since it defaults to the project last used), I click the first icon in the toolbar. Moving the mouse cursor onto this icon will show the tooltip "Open a project". In the "Open a project" window that appears, I go to the "ztanimals" folder and click the "Open" button. It is important that I do not Open any other folder in that window because then ZOOT will not show the graphics since it will not find the proper color files for them. After clicking the "Open" button, the main ZOOT window shows the folder "ztanimals" with the subfolder "animals" beneath it. I click the "+" (or dot) next to the "animals" folder to see what it contains. It will show all of the original ZT animals. I click the "+" (or dot) next to "lion" to see what that contains. I click the "+" (or dot) next to "m" to see what animations there are for the male lion. I click the "+" (or dot) next to "eat" to see what views there are for the "eat" animation. One of the views is labelled "E". I click the "E" and that animation is then shown on the right side of the window and the toolbar icons are visible. To save the graphics for this animation, I click the last icon in the toolbar. Moving the mouse cursor over this icon will show the tooltip "Select the currently selected ZT image to PNG format". A window appears asking me where I want to save the images. I always save them in the zoot folder. After setting the zoot folder, I click in the File name box and, in this case, type:
lion-m-eat-E
Then I click the Save button. That saves all of the frames of the animation.

Offline Hunt7s

• Pooper Scooper
Game Resources
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 03:24:32 PM »
Thanks for all that... :pinch:

As i have said 3 times, i have tried all that...

I may seem a noob but i am not. I have been programming for 4years, i have edited numerous games... and used many many programs in my time.. When i cannot get a program to work, i notmaly get another one, In this case i cannot so thats why im asking other people to do the work for me.. Not because i am unable to do it because of my knolage, but because i physicly cannot get the :angry: program to work...

So please people instead of telling me what i have been trying now for 3weeks solid, help me out by giving some assitance.. At least with the shark???

Thanks

Steve

Offline Hunt7s

• Pooper Scooper
Game Resources
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 05:34:00 AM »
Hey Peeps, im still unable to do this, i have now tried on 4 computers, and getting the same problem and getting rather Peeved off now.. SO please people help me :????