Author Topic: Ape 2.5 Animals  (Read 1638 times)

Offline horsecrazy

• Pooper Scooper
Ape 2.5 Animals
« on: August 26, 2005, 08:28:27 AM »
Hi, i made some animals with APE 2.5 and got the animals in the game but when i moved my cursor over the animal in the animal panel my game crashed :(  PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! :(

Offline flamethrower

• Game Warden
    • http://www.pftq.com
Ape 2.5 Animals
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 10:32:09 AM »
Moving to APE forums

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Ape 2.5 Animals
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »
Far as I can see something could be wrong with coding? Sorry I'm not the person to ask I'm only good at senery and foliage NOT animals.
Delete the files from dulpdate so it at least stopps crashing.

Offline Tasmanian_tiger

• ZA Designer
  • Scientist
    • http://www.thylacine.be
Ape 2.5 Animals
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 12:07:00 PM »
Hmm, I had this too, when I started designing.  But I am not too sure anymore of how I solved it.  This is one thing I do:

you have the description panel in Ape.  There you have to fill everything in.  After you save.  Save it again then.  In the summary, you can fill in a short sentence (for the time being).

I know my game crashed when I didn't fill everything in, the same way, mousing over panel.

Offline horsecrazy

• Pooper Scooper
Ape 2.5 Animals
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 12:16:37 PM »
Originally posted by Tasmanian_tiger@Aug 26 2005, 01:07 PM
Hmm, I had this too, when I started designing.  But I am not too sure anymore of how I solved it.  This is one thing I do:

you have the description panel in Ape.  There you have to fill everything in.  After you save.  Save it again then.  In the summary, you can fill in a short sentence (for the time being).

I know my game crashed when I didn't fill everything in, the same way, mousing over panel.
I tried that but it still crashed :sad  :(  anyone else have this problem???

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Ape 2.5 Animals
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 12:22:02 PM »
Okay well...
I change the tooltip, usally wrote loooooong descriptions for the animals, and change the name and phrase no crashing. One time I made an animal to picky and it kept getting taken away, though.

Offline Tasmanian_tiger

• ZA Designer
  • Scientist
    • http://www.thylacine.be
Ape 2.5 Animals
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 12:26:26 PM »
You did change the English description?  You have to fill in everything and re-save.  If you save it the first time, it doesn't work.

Other then that, I could only think of the uca file.  Did you change anything in the uca file?

Tigeress_10, it happens when I don't change anything in the description, tooltip lines.  Just leave it like it is, then save it, then load it ingame, then the game crashes.

Offline horsecrazy

• Pooper Scooper
Ape 2.5 Animals
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 07:24:33 PM »
Originally posted by Tasmanian_tiger@Aug 26 2005, 01:26 PM
You did change the English description?  You have to fill in everything and re-save.  If you save it the first time, it doesn't work.

Other then that, I could only think of the uca file.  Did you change anything in the uca file?

Tigeress_10, it happens when I don't change anything in the description, tooltip lines.  Just leave it like it is, then save it, then load it ingame, then the game crashes.
i tried long tooltips and it sordove worked.  i can now place them in the zoo but i cannot click on them without the game crashing.  and whats the uca file???

Offline D.J. Ali

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Ape 2.5 Animals
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 04:51:58 AM »
Totally like I have the same problemo with ZT objects :( . Like someone help me :( , anyone :( !

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Ape 2.5 Animals
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 07:54:06 AM »
Make them SHORT tooltips.
And the description size doen't matter.

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Ape 2.5 Animals
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 02:44:23 AM »
Also be careful I messed up coding and my game crashed.