Author Topic: Adoption Zoo  (Read 1736 times)

Offline desch40

• Pooper Scooper
Adoption Zoo
« on: November 20, 2006, 02:40:40 PM »
I am trying to beat the Adoption scenario in Zoo Tycoon 2.  The one where you start with beavers, cheetahs, and so on.  I adopt out a beaver and I have like 6 of them and it tells me I failed because I only have one animal left!  I have both male and females, too.  I don't understand...  Can anyone help?  Is it a glitch?  :huh:

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Adoption Zoo
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 03:14:02 PM »
Are you adopting or releasing to the wild? If you're releasing to the wild then you that might be why you are failing the scenario.

It might also be possible the animal it refers to is another of the species you need to adopt out a child of

Offline TaraM

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Adoption Zoo
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 04:29:38 PM »
You need to keep the original pairs of animals. If you give them up or they die, you lose. If you think they might be close to old age, crate them! Under no circumstances should you attempt to place up for adoption, or release to the wild, any of the original animals. Even if you have a dozen of their babies crawling all over your zoo. You will automatically lose.

Save your zoo before you give any animals up.

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Adoption Zoo
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 04:53:21 PM »
But if you need to raise any stars, release any of the offspring, once they're old enough and that should help.

Offline TaraM

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Adoption Zoo
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 06:02:54 PM »
Right, you can do anything you want with the babies. In fact, you can put them up for adoption as soon as they're born, you don't have to wait for them to grow up.

EDIT: It just occurred to me it might be nice to explain why this apparent "glitch" is happening. It might help you with other, similar, scenarios.

ES introduced the family tree. Animals who are siblings can't breed. The scenario tells you that you need to have a breeding community. But without the original animals, no breeding is possible. That's why 2nd generation animals do not count. You only have two animals that can breed, so if anything happens to one or both, you are failing the scenario's requirements, and you get that "you only have ONE beaver!" message when in fact you might have several beavers.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 06:54:21 PM by TaraM »

Offline rosemaryninja

• Pooper Scooper
Adoption Zoo
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 11:35:18 PM »
Is it just me, or are there no guests for this scenario?? I've opened the zoo, even set ticketing price to "free", but no one comes in at all. I've already breeded two more of every animal but I'm running pretty low on cash.

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
Adoption Zoo
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 11:49:12 PM »
Make sure the guest have pathes to the animals if a peace is missing they they may not come .all so make sure nothing is blocking the front gates

Offline rosemaryninja

• Pooper Scooper
Adoption Zoo
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 05:29:07 AM »
I restarted the scenario and for some reason it worked, I'm done with it now. Thanks :)