Author Topic: Animals breaking through fences.  (Read 2092 times)

Offline mo_uk

• Pooper Scooper
Animals breaking through fences.
« on: February 24, 2007, 12:37:05 AM »
Have any of you had this happen.  I have now had a wilderbeast break through a large metal mesh fence and an elephant break through a wooden fence.  This was after the game was in its 4th year!

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Animals breaking through fences.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 12:50:04 AM »
Yes, it happens to me a lot of times.
For example, now i have a pride of lions behind a metal cable fence; well...those cats keep running on the loose! It was funny, because that dread message of ""lion 3 is hungry" appeared over and over again.
So, i almost when berserk when i couldn't find the lion (a cub) in the exhibit; so i used the stats menu and oh, surprise! The little kitty was on the other side of the zoo. It crossed a lot of exhibits, and surprisingly, it didn't got attacked by any of my other animals (hyenas, wolves, tigers, crocs).
Ah, and about the elephant through the wooden fence...that kind of fence isn't supposed to be strong enough to keep an elephant inside, it eventually will break through the wooden fence. But the wildebeest story is completely odd...perhaps is a bug in the game.
Because sometimes, a lot of animals escape from their exhibits in really bizarre ways (for example, i got this beaver, right? and the animal climbed the highest cliff in the map without any problems...perhaps it was spider-beaver. XDDD) or they appear in places far from their exhibit. I don't know if someone has seen those spider-beavers, but i'll see if i can manage to get a photo of them.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 01:08:21 AM »
Animals for me generally break through only for a reason. You can keep elephants in hedge fences if you want, but if they spot something outside of the enclosure they want, they'll go get it. This includes food, water, shade structures, and other animals.

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 08:40:20 PM »
Yes, good theory...i've never tought about that one.
I've never seen an animal escape, so i don't know if they jump fences (big cats, antelopes, monkeys) or if they just simply past over them (elephants, giraffes, camels...)
If anyone has seen this, please, let me know how they escape!!!
The only thing i've seen escape are the meerkats, you know, they dig like moles and in the next moment they're on the other side of the fence.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 08:42:00 PM »
Sometimes the message "XXX has escaped" pops out but when I check there's nothing wrong.

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Cool Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 10:21:16 AM »
Yep, I get that quite a lot. I also get, 'Animal 1 has been crated'. When I check it out, it has been crated because a guest has got into the exhibit, even though the fences are high enough and sturdy. Just a glitch, I'm thinking.

Offline fizzfizzyfizz

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 04:50:04 AM »
Some animals even escape from fences on their recommened list. African wild dogsm for example, can escape from hedge fences.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 03:21:24 AM »
I don't think hedge fences are recommended for them...

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 03:30:31 AM »
If you have DD
I'll give you some thing to test; Put Triceratops in a exhibit and make a part of the fence a hedge and as soon as you do that they all start running to it and break thought.
How it works coz on mine it dose!  :dancer:  :D

Offline Riss

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 04:18:32 AM »
I seem to get a lot of glitch breakouts/ins. Whenever I use one of the elevated paths, a guest inevitably ends up in the exhibit. That's what the gaurd rails are for! Sheesh.

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 04:21:08 AM »
That some times happens to me  :slol:
You ever get a pothole when you add a elevated path some where and people just get caught. It looks so funny all these people huddle together and trying to get out.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 04:25:46 AM »
Yeah, I sometimes get potholes too and the animals in the exhibit get stuck in there... so annoying!

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 04:28:44 AM »
I got annyed once when I was in a Challage mode and it happen and a GAINT panda was caught and i didn't no and it just came up with Gaint Panda 1 has died and a challage screen came up saying you have lost -$60.000 Boy THAT was all my money  :wacko: