Zoo Tycoon 2 > ZT2 Show and Tell

Steve Irwin "Crikey Quilt" Zoo

(1/7) > >>

csleesburg:
As per requested, I have started a 'quilt' zoo for those who wish to contribute to the Discovery Channel's Steve Irwin "Crikey Fund".

For those who don't know, a quilt zoo gets passed around from member to member until it's filled, with each person volunteering stating what animal (from which Expansion) they wish to do. Only one person per animal, please, although some (like beavers and flamingos) maybe be combined. As each person volunteers, we ask that they state how much they wish to contribute to the Discovery Crikey Fund. It can be as little as $1. It's not the amount that matters - it's the thought. And, like a charity fun-run, others can contribute on your behalf, too. (For example, saying, I will volunteer .10 for every zoo dollar taken in). This one, like the Hurricane Catrina Quilt zoo, is actually TO raise money for a project. This was started at members' request.

I have asked zoohio to take over the ZT1 section for me. If he declines (which I hope not) then we'll need an adult volunteer to handle the ZT1 zoo and be responsible for passing the zoo on to the next member.

AFTER everyone signs up, the zoo will be divided (as a quilt is) into approimately equal blocks, seperated by hedge "quilting". As you do your section, you remove the "quilting hedge" and pass the zoo onto the next person. Remember, you are responsible for the upkeep of the entire zoo while it is in your possesion. Because of learning from the Hurricane Catrina zoos few problems, you will be confined to just YOUR square, please. The zoo will include both ES and AA animals, so we will begin with NON ES/AA people first, then onto only ES people, and the AA people must wait till last.

When completed, the zoo will be put up for download. My thoughts are to use a large map, probably City or Grassland, so that you can put in the biome of your choice/need. If you use a user-made download, you MUST include that download (not the animal) with the zoo when it is passed on, so we all have the same animals at the same time. That way, you unzip the downloads first, before the zoo.

We do ask/expect zoo "updates" from time to time. For example, who had babies, how much money we made, how many admissions, etc. The ZOO WILL NOT BE OPENED so we don't have to tend to guests in the beginning. After it's complete, we will run it for a while.

I will reserve one square for myself, and it will be marked as such. The quilt "pattern" will be posted here, with names, and updated as volunteers are added. The first list is posted above.

Any questions before you start, post here.

csleesburg:
Okay, here's the layout. Pick your exhibit and what number it will be. Remember, put smaller animals in smaller exhibits. Thanks.

AWD - Gray's monitor

zoohio:
Excellent idea!
Count me in on this project please!
I will sponsor $10.00 for my exhibit and an additional 50 cents for each exhibit built by the other members. example: 30 (exhibits) x .50 (my additional contribution) = $15.00

I would like to build the Black Rhino Exhibit please!

Also, if someone finds the link to the Crikey Fund, could they post it here please!

Sealio:
Man this is such a great idea i think it will rock in the end!
Anyways please count me in this will be my first chance to show my stuff on ZA too and i'll get to help out with the Crikey Fund!
I am willing to donate $20.00(CA) to the fund.
I'll take the meerkat please and thank you!
And as zoohio said does anyone have the link to the funds page?

Miami Gator398:
To quote Discovery Channel/Animal Planet:
"While we affectionately and unofficially have dubbed these financial contributions The Steve Irwin Crocodile Hunter Fund (or "The Crikey Fund"), all donations and contributions in the memory of Steve Irwin should be made to the Wildlife Warriors Fund (http://www.wildlifewarriors.org.au/) to easily and quickly benefit Steve's dream and to keep his projects moving forward as he would have wanted. All donations designated as Steve Irwin Tribute funds will go directly to saving animals in the wild. "
http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/crochunter/steve/fund.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version