Author Topic: What Happened to my animal toys?  (Read 2446 times)

Offline baobob tree

• Zookeeper
    • http://
What Happened to my animal toys?
« on: March 21, 2006, 03:05:12 PM »
hey everyone!  i've got a really bizzare thing going on with my zt1 complete collection game.  i had just gotten done with the elephant habitat and under zookeeper recomendations, it said that they wanted a toy.  i went to get the elephant swing or whatever it's called  :tongue1 and noticed that only half the toys were there.  what's up with that?  i checked where it allows you to chose which games you want your stuff from and it said all games.  can someone tell me why it's only showing some of the toys and not all of them?  i need some help to fix this.  thank you everyone.  

-baobob tree

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 03:09:21 PM »
The only thing I can think of is how you get objects unlocked after time passes. I am almost sure that the elephant toy is released after a few months pass ;).

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 03:10:01 PM »
Have you researched all the items?

I haven't played ZT1 for a while but from what I remember you have to research the elephant toy

Also penguinman's right if you're in the freeform mode it takes a while for all the items to appear

Offline baobob tree

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 03:10:34 PM »
sorry, i forgot to mention that i downloaded the hack where you get all objects at once.  the toys where all there until now.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 03:12:13 PM »
baobob tree

The only time you get all the animal toys at once is using the freeform unlock. To get the animal toys and other objects buildings etc you have to do the research to unlock them

Offline baobob tree

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 03:14:06 PM »
yeah but they were there when i was building the other exhibits just not for this one.  i also tried to exit out of the game and turn it back on, and there were even less toys than before.

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 10:23:20 PM »
that is because normally the freeform unlock only workes on new games. So if you save and start again, freeform unlock does not work (usually) :crying .
If this is not the case and you don't have any problem on one of your other saved games, please try and re-install the game. Do not uninstall first, but just re-install over the exsisting game. This way your downloads and save games will stay where they are and all the *.dll files will be renewed. Sometimes this helps.

If you still want to do a complete re-install (so uninstall first and then reinstall), please be sure to save your downloads and zoos somewhere on your computer. Then when you are done, put them back into the game.

Hopefully this helps

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 10:35:39 PM »
Did you try using the cheat for animal enrichment instead? Name a guest Lou Catanzaro. I think every time you load the game you'll need to reenter the cheat but it should unlock them all.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 05:47:21 AM »
If you decide to uninstall and reinstall the game be sure to backup your zoo.ini file so you don't lose any completed scenario information along with the folders metioned by bielski as well as your screenshots folder.

Also after you uninstall be sure to use the ZTregistry cleaner available in the utilities section of the downloads before you reinstall the game.

After the reinstall open and run the game for a few minutes before reinstalling downloads etc to be sure the game runs with no problems.

Offline baobob tree

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 09:20:51 AM »
thanks for all your help everyone.  i'll try all your suggestions and report back when i'm done.  :whistle

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 10:13:54 AM »
Another hint that can also work for this.

If you are going to use the same map - example: Small grassy map.

When you have nothing to do or want to watch a short 1/2 show on TV open the game and select freeform game with the map you want to use to build your zoo. Make sure you have lots of cash by immediately using the Shift+4 cheat. When you have the amount of cash you want for your building needs start the reasearch. Leave the game running and go watch your 1/2 hour TV show checking when commercials are on to click the OK button for any messeges about new animals, Objects available etc. When your show is over you will find a fair amount of research done. You can either start to build your zoo at this point or you can let it run like this until all the reasearch is complete then before building on the map save it with a name like Small Grassy Map - Reasearch. Doing this will allow you to always have all research completed when starting a new zoo.

This can be done with all the maps avaiable in the game so whenever you want to build on a different map you always have a map with lots of cash and all items available.

After doing this all you have to do is open the maps you have created with the saved game option. All the maps you saved doing this will be saved in the saved games folder.