Author Topic: Are Freezes A Common Bug For This Game?  (Read 4792 times)

Offline bookist

• Pooper Scooper
Help
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »
Ok this happened to me loads of times and still happens.  I try to delete a transportation gate and the whole game freezes and I have to wait 15 min-to 1 hour for f4-alt/ctrl-alt/delete to wrk.  Any help is appreciated.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
Are Freezes A Common Bug For This Game?
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2006, 02:03:17 PM »
I haven't heard of this happening before. Did you just get the game? Has it been happening recently or ever since you got the game? What 'level' is it? High? Medium?

Offline bookist

• Pooper Scooper
help
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2006, 02:03:42 PM »
Okay here is how it is after about 30 min to an hour my game frezzes.  Help appreciated

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2006, 02:04:49 PM »
Every time you play? Do you have it on high settings? What kind of computer do you have?

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2006, 03:31:50 PM »
Tpoics merged. Please do not start a new topic for every little tiny problem, and always remember to use the search feature first.

Also, no one can help you if you do not give more information. Just saying that you have a problem isn't enough to tell you how to fix it.

Offline spiritwof

• Pooper Scooper
no answer for freezes?
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 05:45:28 PM »
I too have problems with ZT2 freezing. I have a new Dell - Pent 4 -1 Gb mem -         e-GeForce 256 MB 7300 video card. I read all the posts and I too play in a low resolution and save constantly. I have all the expansion packs and just bought the Marine 1 but haven't loaded it yet. I take it there is no answer to this???  It is a royal pain!! Is a fix coming down the pike??   Thanks

Offline rdolishny

• Pooper Scooper
I checked the Windows Event Viewer...
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2007, 01:36:10 PM »
This is what the event viewer is reporting every time my ZT2 hangs/freezes:

[INDENT]---
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: zt.exe, 22.3.0.13, zt.exe, 22.3.0.13, 0010b0f0.
---
[/INDENT]

Any computer guys make sense of this? I'm very frustrated troubleshooting my kids brand new computer on this topic.

Brand new Acer Athlon64, 1G RAM, onboard nvideo graphics card.

Offline ladygreeneyes

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 11:39:53 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but was wondering if there is any new info on this issue?  My system is pretty new, and I have this freeze problem all the time, especially when going from standard to guest/zoo keeper view or camera mode.  I have tried adjusting the graphics speeds, etc. as recommended by the official site, and nothing works.  If my system meets all the requirements (which it more than does), then this shouldn't be a problem, but it almost always is.  It has gotten to the point that I have loaded the original game into the new system, and am playing it more that the new one, even though I just got expansions for the ZT2.  Anyone have any ideas?