Author Topic: Help with saved games  (Read 1717 times)

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
Help with saved games
« on: August 22, 2006, 05:55:37 PM »
Would somebody please help me! I just got AA and now all of my ES saved games won't load:crying:. I worked hard on those zoos and would greatly appreciate it if someone would help me. When it starts loading it's ok, but then a window either pops up that says "Zoo Tycoon 2 has encountered a problem and must close", or it just freezes and I get my normal mouse back. This problem is with all of my zoos, not just one.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 06:07:29 PM by penguinbomber14 »

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
Help with saved games
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 07:16:53 PM »
It's been over a month since I started this thread, so I think I can post again to get it on the main page. I would really appreciate it if anybody could help me out. I worked really hard on these zoos and everything I try never works. Please help me, or tell me someone who can.

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
Help with saved games
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 09:24:42 PM »
Im not sure if my game did thiswhen i got AA, but to check that it is AA you could unistall it and see if they work again with ES and its not that they got corrupt at all...but as for making them work with AA, i really don't know : :( : sorry. The only thing i can come up with is taking them out of the saved folder, then maybe try puting in just one? i don't know :crying:

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Help with saved games
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 09:11:44 AM »
Actually that did happen to me, but only to some of my zoos so I did not try to figure out the problem and just gave up on them.

The one thing I would suggest is the problem might be that you are using user objects that weren't updated for AA.  If those objects are in the zoo it might make the program crash when called up.  For example I had a problem after I updated to AA that whenever I placed a Shetland Pony the whole game would crash, and it was because the pony wasn't supported for AA.  The only solution for that (that I can think of) would be to do what Budgielover said and uninstall AA, and remove those objects from the zoos.

The other thing you could try is to see if someone else who has AA can open one of your zoos.  If they can, it might be that the game is messed up, as opposed to the saved game files.  Then you might need to uninstall and reinstall everything to fix the problem.

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
Help with saved games
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 09:25:03 AM »
This happened to me 2 but it came up when i installed ES then AA it would crash and my normal mouse would come out:crying:

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
Help with saved games
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 09:33:02 AM »
Would anybody with AA like to test my zoos for me? I can send you one and you can see if it works. And the thing with user objects makes sense, but one of my zoos has no user objects because I made it on my laptop before I downloaded anything. I tried re-installing it, but not uninstalling and trying it in ES. I might try that.

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
Help with saved games
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 07:24:22 AM »
I tried to uninstall it and some of them worked, but not all of them. Did anybody else have this problem? Did anybody have this problem with MM2? I don't want to get it and then not be able to open my other zoos.