Author Topic: Problem With Reinstallation of AA - Contains No MM2 Discussion  (Read 2140 times)

Offline ndmpatriot

• Zookeeper
  • Local Dressage Enthusiast
    • Zookeepers Journal
As with many people I've been unable to reinstall AA, even though I've reinstalled in several times before. I went on MS Tech Support chat, and after doing the Easy Assist, they were unable to get it to install. So they said the CD was corrupt and are sending me a new one free of charge, I should get it by Friday.

So than I was thinking then there must be alot of corrupt discs out there, I even repaired windows and to no avail.

I also know BF is aware of this, but what Steve said, was no help to those of use who always Install For All Users or do the Express Install. So I'm hoping a new CD will solve the problem.

So I'll let you know if getting a new copy fixes the problem. Just thought I would post what I found out, since I really loved the AA animals.

UPDATE: It clearly isn't a disc problem. I'm to the point that I'm going to give up on installing AA. Since I don't want to reformatt my comp as suggested by RND. It's a bit to drastic just to install a game. Now I'm contemplating if I should even get MM, incase it has this problem as well.

Any insight and help is always welcome.
 - Nicole
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 01:34:49 PM by ndmpatriot »

Offline ndmpatriot

• Zookeeper
    • Zookeepers Journal
Still Unable To Install AA
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 10:36:40 PM »
Hello, you may remember me posting some months ago about not being able to reinstall AA. I was wondering If anyone had any new insight on this. Right now, AA seems to be more trouble then it's worth. I've tried reinstalling windows, repairing windows, a replacement CD, uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I've reinstalled it before the incident many times. I was hopeing there maybe have been some new revelations??

Does anyone know is MM2 has these issues? I have it installed. Of course you don't know untill you have to reinstall it. Microsoft wanted to to Phone Support, but as I see it if they can't do it with the live assist and chat, then they can't do it over the phone.

- Nicole

P.S. You can delete my OLD topic on this.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:40:54 PM by ndmpatriot »

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 12:27:33 AM »
Not deleting old topic....merging new one with old. Please do not start new topics addressing the same issue. Thank you.

What error messages are you receiving? More information than just what you have done to solve the problem (like, what is the problem, rather than just that you can't install it) will help us help you.

Offline ndmpatriot

• Zookeeper
    • Zookeepers Journal
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 08:54:48 AM »
When I went to reinstall AA it took me to the uninstall Zoo Tycoon 2 with the "delete saved games" option checked. But of course it can't uninstall it if it isn't installed. I've tried doing with Animal Kingdom did and it found nothing in the registry.

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 11:24:45 AM »
Quote from: ndmpatriot;149357
But of course it can't uninstall it if it isn't installed.

Actually, it can.  I had this problem earlier.  Uncheck the box for "Delete saved games?" and let AA uninstall with the AA disc.  Then reinstall the whole game end everything should be fine.  It is a glitch with AA - most likely there is a file that was not removed by a previous uninstall.

Offline ndmpatriot

• Zookeeper
    • Zookeepers Journal
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 07:04:49 PM »
I've tried that tazlover. That's the first thing I attempted to do and the first thing MS did and it did nothing. Didn't remove the game.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 11:29:22 PM »
Ok another thing i did try when i had this problem is copying the files from the AA disc (in the folder called files) directly into the zt2 folder.  Once i did that it still told me to insert the ES disc but i had the AA stuff as well.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 11:47:39 PM »
Did you go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel? I'm sorry if you have, I'm just trying to help. Reformatting might be your only real option; I personally reformat my computer every few months, makes it run smoothly. You can purchase external harddrives for very cheap these days too, to back up with.

Offline alin90210

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 11:52:20 PM »
Is Zt2 still listed in the Add/Remove Programs list?

And when you said you tried to reinstall windows, does that mean you deleted the entire WINNT directory so that the registry and any other system files are all deleted, and then you reinstalled windows from scratch?

And, have you tried to uninstall WITH the Deleted Saved Games box checked?

Offline ndmpatriot

• Zookeeper
    • Zookeepers Journal
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 11:30:21 AM »
Quote from: RedNotDead;149635
Ok another thing i did try when i had this problem is copying the files from the AA disc (in the folder called files) directly into the zt2 folder.  Once i did that it still told me to insert the ES disc but i had the AA stuff as well.

Okay, i did that, than it gave me "ERROR: Cannot Find Library".
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 11:39:48 AM by ndmpatriot »

Offline ndmpatriot

• Zookeeper
    • Zookeepers Journal
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 10:29:46 AM »
Was I suppose to click 'Yes' or 'No' when asked to replace existing files/folder?