Author Topic: Troubles with Marine Mania 2  (Read 7116 times)

Offline Bigheads96

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Troubles with Marine Mania 2
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2006, 07:26:26 AM »
Quote from: Animalover44;150878
This does not happen to everyone's game.  I've had MM2 for almost a week and the game/computer has not crashed.

Yeah, I've had MM2 for a while and its never crashed once. It works perfectly.:original:

And maybe you need more RAM. But then.......it wouldn't let you in the game.....but check to see if you have at least 500 megabites of RAM and if not you should go buy some.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 07:28:39 AM by Bigheads96 »

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2006, 12:22:15 PM »
I have enough RAM, but the game just seems like it doesn't want to work... No other computer in my house can handle ZT2, and my only other option would be to load it up on the computer at my dads work, but then I would only be able to play in on weekdays... :crying:

Offline lizardman

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2006, 12:37:07 PM »
Well, I can't think of anything that will help you, did the link I made help you at all?

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 12:23:19 AM »
Do you have a compatible enough graphics card?

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 02:14:47 AM »
A few weeks ago this happened to me and i had to re=install my whole computer.

• Scientist
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 08:13:10 AM »
@Cuddly Panda: My graphics cards are fine, because Zoo tycoon 2 through African adventure worked fine, and its not like MM2 didn't play for a while until it froze...

Offline african_elephant_2006

• Zookeeper
  • Remember the elephants. Forget ivory!
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 07:25:50 PM »
I feel your pain, AlphaDinosaur, because I also have problems with MM2. I keep getting a message from that Microsoft Redistributable C++ program or whatever it's called tht comes with MM2, and it says that it restarted itself in an unusual way. I got this message after playing a while with MM2. I don't know WHAT to do anymore. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and that doesn't work. I removed ALL hacks I had (the freeform unlock one.) and that didn't work either. I hope Microsoft can fix this because I've had it with this message. Anyone help? Please?:crying: :angry:

Offline Prince Charming

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2006, 08:07:12 AM »
It happened to mine too. Finally got it yesterday, worked ok after installation but this morning the game wouldn't even load. I have no hacks installed and my computer is up to scratch with specs so i'm baffled.

Offline heppes

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2006, 05:44:16 PM »
this isnt happening to me, i downloaded the game, and it wont even START!!!
i have noooo clue whats wrong.
help?

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2006, 06:12:35 PM »
@ heppes The first thing you should do is to make sure your computer meets the games system specs, remember that MM2 requires higher system specs that the other ZT2 games so just because they worked doesn't mean MM2 will. If your comp does meet the system specs then you may be experiencing the same problem as me. My game won't start by simply putting in the disc and clicking on the game's icon, luckily I found a way around that. I put in the disc and go to C:\Documents and Settings\*your computer profile*\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Default Profile\Saved and double click on one of my saved games. This opens MM2 on my computer so it may be worth a try. I realize it's a rather odd solution and there may be a better one (I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computers) but if it does work then at least you'll know MM2 does work on your comp. If it doesn't work it never hurts to uninstall and re-install the game.

Offline heppes

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2006, 11:04:58 PM »
yes, i figured out that is what i had to do.
now its crashing on me like alphadinosaur.
no idea what's happening either.
and all my systems make the requirements.

im baffled like everyone else.

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2006, 12:47:55 AM »
I had that prab. with ZT2ESand AA but so farin mm it has Not happen. Make sure you defra and dump temp fils .we make Alot of tepp files in these Games.

Offline ZooTycoonFanic

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2006, 04:48:09 PM »
I have never had a game problem: :) : . Zoom in/out hack blocks zoo guest mode and photo safari walking.I have no idea what happened to you guys.

Offline Raine

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2006, 05:57:04 PM »
i had that prob too i had plenty of ram but i had to install more ram for it too play try installing more ram and also make sure all uneeded start up programs are shut off
hope this helps

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2006, 09:25:09 PM »
Well, ZT2 was working fine for a while on my computer, but when I installed ES, it froze. Again. So I installed it on my dads laptop, and ZT2 and MM2 and ES and AA work fine, but its rather hard to build things in ZT2 without using a mouse... :pinch: Oh, and somethings wrong with the graphics: I set them on high, but they still seem like their on low: I haven't gotten any of the animal or plant variants, the parking lot doesn't show up, and whenever I go into guest mode and I look into the distance, it fades off into white... Hopefully, someone can help me with this problem, and then everything will be right in my world... as long as ZT2 keeps working on the laptop...

Offline heppes

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2006, 03:09:41 PM »
and MM2 was working on mine for a while, but now its back to being its stupid self again and not starting up. i even tried to open my saved game, and yet no luck.
no idea whats happening.
is ANYBODY else having the same problem as me?

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
My game keeps crashing!
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2006, 12:59:35 PM »
I hope this is the right place to put this but ever since installing MM2 I have a problem with my game stalling.  I had the problem with it before MM2 but when it stalled all I did was minimize my game because it had to do with my graphic card changing size.  But now with mm2 when I try to exit my game the screen messes up and I have to restart my computer and it is getting really annoying and do you think it is the game, my graphic card or my computer.  My computer is faily new I got it last year.  Please Help

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2006, 01:06:25 PM »
As this isn't a download problem, put it somewhere more appropriate :thumbsup:

Have you tried reinstalling?

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2006, 01:09:18 PM »
no I haven't tried that because I don't want to lose  all my zoos .  also mika you could merge this if you wanted I looked in the wrong section and I see you already have a topic.

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2006, 01:15:58 PM »
Hai! Now, you can keep your saved zoos, etc, by copying the folder in C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Name Here)\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2 to your desktop and then replacing it there after you reinstall

Offline lizardman

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2006, 09:21:58 AM »
Quote from: mikaboshi;156036
Hai! Now, you can keep your saved zoos, etc, by copying the folder in C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Name Here)\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2 to your desktop and then replacing it there after you reinstall

Or he can just un-install and make sure "Remove Saved Games" isn't checked.

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2006, 12:44:27 PM »
True, but I always copy it just in case. :thumbsup:

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2006, 01:48:29 PM »
yah, me, too. I always make a copy of my Saved Games/Profile and all my downloaded content before installing any of the expansion packs, because you almost always have to uninstall-reinstall them. :lolol:

Offline X'Ray

• Zookeeper
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2006, 03:26:34 AM »
i saw the name of this topic and thought yes maybe this is the right place to ask. has anyone noticed that its not possible to make waterfalls anymore? do you use the same stradegy as before or is there something new cause of marine mania? thanks

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2006, 03:30:37 AM »
:blink: I have had no difficulties making waterfalls in the same way as before. Sorry :crying: