Author Topic: Problems with Play - ZT2 & Expansions  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Redragon

• Pooper Scooper
Problems with Play - ZT2 & Expansions
« on: December 13, 2006, 07:08:12 PM »
(Hope this is the right place for this post....)
We have been having some problems and were wondering a few things, also.
One, we bought Marine Mania a while ago (finally!!!) and installed it fully. We played it once, then my sister wanted to play, but when we clicked on the icon, nothing happened at all. We waited and waited..nothing. We've tried on many accounts and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. We really can't predict what account it works on. It's annoying. (Eventually it works. Sometimes.)
Another, during play and especially when you ride on  animals, go in zookeeper/guest mode, everything gets ruined. Itty-bitty bits of different colors (I can take pictures of it, if you need to see) and sometimes big black patches covers about everything and everyone. Also, some letters get blocked out and you can't make sense of what it says. My sister today said she was playing the game and everything turned into a black shade. Not the screen, you can still see the game, but everything turned blackish.
Also, we were wondering if there are any patches available. I saw one but it said you should(not, I think) if you have a certain label.

You probably can't do anything about these, though....
We have bought Dino Digs, too and downloaded it SEVERAL times and it says it's corrupted. We've emailed the sellers and they don't listen. We ordered the disc and they replied saying they can't do that for some reason. Like, there was a shipping problem. They've given us a discount or something for another game but we don't WANT another game - we want Dino Digs!!! :pinch:  : :( :

And then, while trying to figure out problems with Marine Mania, Zoo Tycoon 2 got uninstalled, which of course uninstalled Marine Mania, Endangered Species and African Adventures!!!! Including ALL of out downloads, unlocks and everything!!!! :angry: :crying: : :( : :shocked: Should I put surprised here too? 'cause we were surprised! My mom doesn't really understand this is horrible, however..but we agree that Dino Digs unfortunately was a waste of like, 5 dollars or whatever.
Can anyone help us? Why is the DinoDigs currupted?

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Problems with Play - ZT2 & Expansions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 11:52:22 PM »
First off, welcome to ZA! Don't forget to say hello in Introductions!

1. This is apparently a common problem some people have that happens if you move files around, i.e., in the Start Menu. Make sure that the Start Menu path is the same is the same as it was when you first installed - Start > All Programs > Microsoft Games > Zoo Tycoon 2. For whatever reason, if its not there, it might not work. Also, this thread explains how to get it to work if the first way didn't. Also, you need to make sure that you install all of the XPs on the same account.

2. The game does have a nighttime mode, which will make the zoo objects covered in shadow. You might want to update your graphics card drivers though just to help it along.  I'm going to tell you a quick way to check for driver updates. As long as you have XP and are connected to the internet (can't tell you how to do it with other systems unfortunately) Right click on "My Computer" on your desktop (or in your start menu). Then go to "Properties". Next You'll want to click the Harware tab at the top (it shoud be between "computer name" and "Advanced". Now that you haev selected the Hardware tab, select the "Device Manager" button. This will bring up a list of all of the hardware that your computer has. Go to "Display Adapters" and click the little plus sign. It should bring down a one or two things. Mine, for instance, has "Radeon 9550" and "Radeon 9550 Secondary". Right click on the first one and hit "Update driver". XP will automatically go into the web and search for a driver update. If it doesn't come up with anything type in google the name of the card (in my case, I would type "Radeon 9550 drivers"). Hopefully this works!

3. Patches available here

4.Can't help you on Dino Digs, didn't buy it.