Author Topic: file error on MM2  (Read 2111 times)

Offline neon_dream

• Pooper Scooper
file error on MM2
« on: December 25, 2006, 08:56:55 PM »
I am having a problem with downloading my MM2.  I have tried on 2 different computers, but it says that there is an error with x200_000.z2f file? What am I supposed to do? I have never had problems like this before. Thanks...

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
file error on MM2
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 11:07:49 PM »
You need to install it, not download it. If you are trying to download it from a site, then this is illegal and you need to go out and purchase the game.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
file error on MM2
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 08:14:35 AM »
Quote from: neon_dream;168312
I am having a problem with downloading my MM2.  I have tried on 2 different computers, but it says that there is an error with x200_000.z2f file? What am I supposed to do? I have never had problems like this before. Thanks...

Are you trying to download the "trial" version? If so, make sure you have ZT2 and the expansions before you try it. :original: :tree3:

Offline neon_dream

• Pooper Scooper
file error on MM2
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 10:11:50 AM »
Sorry, I ment install the game... but I have no idea why its not working. The file is in the Zoo Tycoon folder.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
file error on MM2
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 11:41:07 AM »
To install the game, you insert the CD, then click "Install". Let it put it where it chooses to - MS will put it in the correct place. Make sure you have your "hidden" files showing, too. You will find the installed game in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2. The Saved Games and Profile are located in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME HERE\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Default Profile
:tree: :flake1:

Offline neon_dream

• Pooper Scooper
file error on MM2
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 11:49:39 AM »
Well, I know that, but like for some reason that file doesn't want to work with installing the MM2. I don't know if I should take it back to the store and get a new disk but, i have been trying all morning to reinstall the ZT2, ES, and my new AA with the MM. But nothing is working properly now. I am just going crazy.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
file error on MM2
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 11:56:38 AM »
hmmm, that IS strange, isn't it? :hmmm: Just make sure you install them in order, of course, with MM2 last.:whistling

Offline neon_dream

• Pooper Scooper
file error on MM2
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 11:57:53 AM »
I am going to see if my mom can work around the computer to see if she can fix this error or whatever. Hopefully something will work.

Offline neon_dream

• Pooper Scooper
I am about to go crazy!
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 08:17:43 AM »
Ok, I posted before that I had this file that wouldn't work (x200_000.z2f) when I was trying to install the MM2 game.  My mom thought to reinstall things and see if that file would clean up a bit, well, that made things worse.  I reinstalled the ZT2, and the ES, but now when I get to the AA, I try to reinstall it, but it says that it will unistall the ZT2 and its compents... Is there anything people can help me with?  I never had problems with the ES, and now, I am even thinking about taking the AA and MM2 back to the store and get new ones.  Any help anyone? Thanks

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
file error on MM2
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 08:22:54 AM »
topics merged please do not start new topics on the same problems thanks

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
file error on MM2
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 08:57:33 PM »
I have heard others having the same problem with AA, including myself, when doing a re-install.  What worked for me was letting AA uninstall everything and reinstalling again from the beginning.  It seems that something is left behind on the computer that makes AA think it is installed and letting AA do the uninstall corrects this.

Before you do another installation, after uninstalling, do a search for that problem file (x200_000.z2f) including searching the hidden files to make sure it was removed.  If the search finds it, delete it so the game has to reinstall that file.

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
file error on MM2
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 11:08:07 PM »
I have had to go in and remove all old file and reload from the begining befor.  ZT2 ESP AA MM DD Had A erro in one of the files Good luck

Offline neon_dream

• Pooper Scooper
file error on MM2
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 12:37:22 PM »
that x200_000.z2f file is on that disk and i think it might be a disk problem.  But like, I cant get the AA to install b/c it wants to uninstall... I am thinking just about taking them back to the store, I have tried deleting and uninstalling everything of Zoo Tycoon 2 and reinstalling, but nothing is working...